India U-19 skipper dropped from squad over ageSeptember 21st, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 21 (IANS) The Indian cricket board Wednesday dropped U-19 skipper Ankit Bawne from the squad for the quadrangular series in Vishakhapatnam after a discrepancy emerged in his age. Delhi batsman Unmukt Chand has been named the new captain.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) found that Bawne’s date of birth registered with it didn’t match with his passport.
“It was decided that the batsman ought to be left out of the tournament that will have sides representing Australia, Sri Lanka and West Indies,” newly appointed secretary Sanjay Jagdale.
Jharkhand batsman Kumar Deobrat is the vice captain while Karnataka’s Shreyas Gopal is Bawne’s replacement.
The U-19 Quadrangular series will be played September 27-October 9.
- Bawne to lead India in u-19 quadrangular series - Sep 18, 2011
- India-West Indies ODI series begins Nov 29 - Oct 18, 2011
- ICC U-19 World Cup Final: Australia lock horns with India (Preview) - Aug 25, 2012
- Unmukt hopes for an amicable solution with St. Stephen's - Aug 31, 2012
- Under-19 cricketers' welcome ends in chaos in Kolkata - Aug 29, 2012
- India seniors laud U-19 World Champions - Aug 26, 2012
- Former BCCI chief PM. Rungta passes away (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Chand to lead India in U-19 Asia Cup - Jun 04, 2012
- Uttarakhand's Rs.11 lakh for Unmukt Chand - Aug 29, 2012
- 16 teams named for next month's U-19 cricket World Cup - Jul 12, 2012
- India U-19 cricket team gets heroes welcome - Aug 28, 2012
- Former BCCI chief P.M. Rungta passes away (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- New ICC rules to be implemented in domestic matches from Challenger Trophy - Oct 07, 2011
- Indian diaspora basks in U-19 win glory - Aug 30, 2012
- Former captains pay rich tributes to Dravid at BCCI ceremony - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: australia, batsman, chand, date of birth, discrepancy, gopal, india bcci, indian cricket board, jharkhand, karnataka, passport, sanjay, shreyas, skipper, sri lanka, vice captain, vishakhapatnam, west indies