India to take part in Pacific Airlift RallyAugust 19th, 2011 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, Aug 19 (IANS) Pacific Airlift Rally (PAR), co-hosted by the US and the Sri Lanka air forces, will take place at the Ratmalana airport in Colombo from Aug 22. India will also take part.
The rally is a biennial, military airlift symposium sponsored by the US Pacific Air Forces for states in the Asia-Pacific region.
This year marks the eighth iteration of the PAR exercise series which began in 1997.
The rally will focus on enhancing airlift interoperability among 21 regional militaries in support of multilateral humanitarian assistance/disaster relief operations.
Exercise-related events include informational seminars and expert briefings, a command post exercise that addresses military airlift support required during natural disasters, and a field training exercise that builds upon the command post exercise.
Tabletop exercise participants include Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Canada, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, the Maldives, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, the US and Vietnam.
Field training exercise participation will include three US Air Force C-130 Hercules aircraft from the 374th Airlift Wing at Yokota Airlift Wing, Japan; and one C-130 each from the Royal Malaysian Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force and the Sri Lanka Air Force.
- US donates equipment to Sri Lanka Air Force (With Images) - Aug 23, 2010
- US denies Special Forces are in Sri Lanka - Mar 03, 2012
- US military in Sri Lanka on training mission - Aug 16, 2010
- Indo-US Air Forces kickstart six-day joint exercise in Agra - Oct 19, 2009
- Pakistan's chief of defence staff to visit US - Oct 21, 2011
- Indo-US air force exercise comes to a successful end - Oct 23, 2009
- India sends relief material to flood-hit Lanka - Jan 14, 2011
- 'India to buy more than 16 C-17 airlifters' - Jun 14, 2011
- India among C-130 plane operators at Lockheed meet - Oct 18, 2011
- US special forces helping India to contain LeT - Mar 02, 2012
- UAE, Bahrain hold joint air exercises - Jul 05, 2012
- USS Ford to visit Galle - Oct 10, 2011
- Karunanidhi takes on Delhi over Sri Lanka - Aug 28, 2012
- Defence cooperation is key facet of India-US partnership - Mar 10, 2011
- Sri Lanka concerned over Indian n-plants - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: air force c, airlift support, airlift wing, asia pacific region, c 130 hercules, disaster relief operations, exercise participants, exercise participation, exercise series, expert briefings, hercules aircraft, india indonesia, informational seminars, military airlift, natural disasters, papua new guinea, royal australian air force, sri lanka air, tabletop exercise, us air force