India to return to 9 percent growth trajectory: PMNovember 10th, 2008 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Doha, Nov 10 (IANS) India will eventually return to a 9 percent growth trajectory despite the current global financial crisis because of its inherent strengths and size of markets, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said here Monday evening.”The present international economic and financial situation has clouded some of the prospects of growth in the near term,” Singh said while addressing a gathering of the Indian diaspora in Qatar here.
“I am, however, confident that the long term outlook for our economy remains strong and robust. Our inherent strengths, the large size of our markets, the diversified industrial base we possess, and the strong and dynamic private sector will eventually allow us to return to a 9 percent growth trajectory,” he said.
Earlier, addressing a gathering of the Omani business community in Muscat Sunday, Singh had said that despite the global economic downturn, the Indian economy was expected to maintain a growth rate of seven to 7.5 percent.
Singh, who came on a three-day tour of Oman and Qatar, returns to India Monday night.
- India, Qatar to ramp defence, economic, energy ties (Roundup, combining different series) - Nov 10, 2008
- India to return to 8-9 percent growth: President (Second Lead) (With image) - Mar 12, 2012
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- India can have third largest GDP by 2025: PM (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
- 9 percent growth ambitious but achievable target: PM - Aug 22, 2011
- Government trying to protect Indian economy from global mess: PM - Sep 07, 2012
- India will grow at 8-10 percent in coming years: Mukherjee - May 04, 2012
- `Asia has ample room to fight eurozone turmoil spillovers' - Jan 31, 2012
- Geojit BNP Paribas forms joint venture in Oman - Sep 21, 2011
- India confident of over 9 pc growth next year: President (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- UAE most competitive banking market in Gulf - Jan 14, 2012
- IMF arms itself with $430 bn new funding - Apr 21, 2012
- IMF pegs Asia-Pacific growth at 6 percent in 2012 - May 07, 2012
- Inflation to remain high till November: RBI - Aug 18, 2011
- India, US to deepen ties in reforms, infrastructure finance - Jun 29, 2011