India to open an IT centre in VenezuelaMay 24th, 2008 - 1:58 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) India will set up an Information Technology Centre of Excellence in Venezuela as part of its effort to ramp up bilateral ties. This offer was made during the visit by Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma, who was in Venezuela from May 18 to 20.
The ministry of external affairs said that the Venezuelan side “thanked” India and expressed keenness in stepping up cooperation in agriculture and agricultural research, Science and Technology, Information Communication Technology, pharmaceuticals and generic medicines, infrastructure and transfer of technology.
During the visit, Sharma had “detailed one to one discussions” with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez who “enthusiastically conveyed Venezuela’s desire to diversify ongoing bilateral relations with India”.
Both sides agreed to convene the next India-Venezuela Joint Commission meeting in New Delhi later this year.
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro and Sharma talked about setting up an alternative financial and monetary architecture mechanism through institutions such as the Bank of South, regional development initiatives such as Union of South American Nations.
“Maduro greatly appreciated India’s varied achievements in science and technology, evolving economic and political status in the world and eminent credentials for working with like minded developing countries in building a world without hegemony and distortions,” said the MEA statement.
- Russia, Venezuela sign energy, defence deals - Apr 04, 2010
- Chavez sees US hand in Russia protests - Dec 29, 2011
- Belarus to help build space facility in Venezuela - Jul 05, 2012
- Chavez not to attend Americas summit - Apr 15, 2012
- India must consolidate engagement with CELAC (Comment) - Aug 17, 2012
- Cancer-hit Chavez to leave Cuba next week - Mar 09, 2012
- Chavez in 'good health' after treatment - Jun 10, 2012
- Venezuela, Colombia liberalise bilateral trade - Nov 29, 2011
- Venezuela releases US ship, skipper (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Cuba releases photos of Chavez recuperating - Jul 04, 2011
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- Venezuela releases US ship, skipper - Sep 12, 2012
- Venezuela boosts oil sales to China - Aug 14, 2012
- India to hold first dialogue Latin American troika - Aug 02, 2012
- Over 20 killed in Venezuela prison fight - Aug 21, 2012