India to keep engaging with Pakistan: ChidambaramMay 12th, 2011 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Home Minister P. Chidambaram Thursday said India would keep talking to Pakistan even though New Delhi firmly believes that the perpetrators of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack are living in that country.
“Pakistan is our neighbour, we need to keep Pakistan engaged. But our priority now is to see that the real perpetrators of the 26/11 attack are brought to justice,” Chidambaram told reporters here.
The home minister’s remarks come after US Navy Seals May 2 gunned down Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden hiding in one of the bungalows in Abbottabad, leading to allegations that Pakistan is harbouring some of the world’s most dreaded terror operators.
Chidambaram also denied that he had any conversation with Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik asking him to ensure that the US operation in which Osama was killed is highlighted positively.
“There was no telephonic conversation. He (Malik) must have been misunderstood,” Chidambaram said, in response to a question about the Pakistani minister’s interview to an Indian TV channel.
- Dawood is hiding in Pakistan: India (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Did Osama hide terror codes in Bible? - Feb 29, 2012
- Pakistan set to demolish Osama's hideout? - Feb 26, 2012
- BJP describes Pak to be 'epicentre of global terrorism' - May 04, 2011
- World should jointly tackle terror: Pakistan - Jul 04, 2011
- US, Pakistan to take on Islamists jointly (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Osama killing 'proves Mumbai attack roots in Pakistan' - May 02, 2011
- Impact of Osama's death on India-Pakistan ties hinges on domestic fallout: Experts - May 02, 2011
- Pakistan to blow up Osama's hideout - Jan 10, 2012
- India compliments US for 26/11 trial - May 27, 2011
- Pakistan arrested over 3,000 terrorists in three years - Aug 04, 2011
- Osama killing 'underlines' Pakistan sanctuary for terrorists: India - May 02, 2011
- Mumbai attack: Indian envoy meets Pakistani minister - Dec 27, 2011
- Review Pakistan's ties with US: Nawaz Sharif - May 11, 2011
- Pakistan to set up panel to probe Abbottabad incident - May 30, 2011
Tags: abbottabad, al qaeda, allegations, bungalows, country pakistan, home minister, indian tv, interior minister, mumbai, neighbour, New Delhi, osama bin laden, p chidambaram, perpetrators, priority, rehman, telephonic conversation, terror attack, tv channel, us navy seals