India to face Pakistan in Asian Champions Trophy hockeyAugust 5th, 2011 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) India and arch rivals Pakistan will face-off Sep 9 in the first edition of the men’s hockey Asian Champions Trophy to be held in Ordos, China, Sep 3-14. The second edition of the women’s event will also be held simultaneously.
The top six teams from the Asian Games in Guangzhou, China, get to play in the men’s event while the top-four Asian teams China, South Korea, Japan and India play the women’s event.
The Indian men’s team will start their campaign against China, Sep 3, while the women’s team play their first match next day against South Korea.
The first edition of the women’s tournament was held in Busan, South Korea, where India won the bronze.
Sep 3 : India vs. China
Sep 4 : Japan vs. India
Sep 6 : India vs. South Korea
Sep 7 : Malaysia vs. India
Sep 9 : India vs. Pakistan
Sep 11: Classification matches and final
Sep 4 : South Korea vs.India
Sep 6 : Japan vs. India
Sep 8 : China vs. India
Sep 10: Bronze medal match and final
- Asian Champions Trophy: Indian eves lose 0-4 to China - Sep 08, 2011
- India grouped with Pakistan, Japan in Asian Games hockey - Oct 20, 2010
- Asian Champions Trophy: Rajpal to lead men's team, Anjum women's - Aug 16, 2011
- India beat South Korea 5-3 in Asian Champions hockey - Sep 06, 2011
- Asian Champions Trophy: India-Pakistan in final - Sep 09, 2011
- Japan hold India to 1-1 draw in Asian Champions hockey - Sep 04, 2011
- Asian Games sepaktakraw: Indian men's and women's team lose to China - Nov 17, 2010
- Asian Champions Trophy: Indian women lose bronze to Japan - Sep 10, 2011
- Boxer Mary Kom settles for bronze, India's Asiad tally at 46 (Evening Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Indian team announced for junior women's Asia Cup - Jun 05, 2012
- Sandeep, Sardara breached discipline: Rajpal - Aug 29, 2011
- India lose to Iran in Asian Volleyball - Sep 02, 2012
- India face Holland in Olympic hockey opener - May 22, 2012
- Asian Games: Ashwini Chidananda, Joseph Abraham win 400m hurdles golds (Evening Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Surinder Kaur to lead Indian women in Asian Champions Trophy - Jul 14, 2010