India tests BrahMos supersonic cruise missileMarch 30th, 2012 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 30 (IANS) India tested the supersonic cruise missile BrahMos from a test range in Odisha Friday, two days after conducting a similar trial of the same missile from the same range, defence sources said.
The missile was launched from a mobile launcher at the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in the district of Balasore, about 230 km from here.
The BrahMos has a range of 290 km and can carry a conventional warhead of up to 300 kg. It has a top speed of Mach 2.8, which is about three times faster than the US subsonic Tomahawk cruise missile. This makes BrahMos one of the fastest cruise missiles in the world.
It can be launched from submarines, ships and aircraft. Sea and ground launched versions of the missile have been successfully tested and put into service with the Indian Army and navy.
- India successfully tests supersonic cruise missile - Jul 29, 2012
- India successfully tests BrahMos supersonic cruise missile (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- India successfully tests BrahMos (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Successful trial of supersonic BrahMos cruise missile - Aug 12, 2011
- Joint Russia-India missile to be ready by 2017 - Jun 28, 2012
- Work on BrahMos' hypersonic version to begin this year: Russian official - Jun 12, 2011
- India tests BrahMos cruise missile - Dec 02, 2010
- New version of BrahMos missile tested - Mar 28, 2012
- India successfully tests BrahMos cruise missile (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- India tests BrahMos cruise missile (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Thousands evacuated in Orissa ahead of missile test - Dec 02, 2010
- India test fires BrahMos cruise missile - Sep 05, 2010
- India tests BrahMos cruise missile (Lead) - Sep 05, 2010
- BrahMos cruise missile achieves supersonic dive (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2010
- IAF could soon get supersonic BrahMos missile - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: army and navy, balasore, chandipur, conventional warhead, cruise missile, cruise missiles, defence sources, india tests, indian army, kg, mach 2, mobile launcher, odisha, ships, submarines, supersonic cruise missile brahmos, test range, three times, top speed