India test fires nuclear capable Prithvi missileApril 15th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by IANS
Balasore, April 15 (IANS) India Wednesday test fired the nuclear capable surface to surface Prithvi-II missile from a test range in Orissa, defence sources said.
The missile, tested from the Integrated Test Range of Chandipur in Balasore district at 10.21 a.m., has a range of about 350 km, officials said.
Prithvi is India’s first indigenously built ballistic missile. It is one of five missiles being developed under India’s Integrated Missile Development Programme.
Prithvi has a range of 150-250 km and is capable of carrying a payload of between 500 kg and one tonne, including nuclear weapons. Two versions of the missile have already been deployed with the army and air force.
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- India test-fires Prithvi-II missile - Aug 25, 2012
- India successfully tests n-capable Prithvi-II missile - Dec 22, 2010
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi II missile - Jun 09, 2011
- India successfully test fires nuclear-capable Prithvi-II (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi-II missile (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India test fires n-capable Prithvi-II missile - Sep 26, 2011
- Prithvi-II missile test postponed - Dec 21, 2011
- India successfully tests Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India twice successfully tests n-capable Prithvi-II (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India twice successfully tests n-capable Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011