India, Sweden sign agreement for cooperation in health careFebruary 24th, 2009 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) India and Sweden Tuesday inked an agreement for bilateral cooperation in the area of public health, especially strengthening midwifery and nursing skills.
“Sweden’s achievements in the area of midwifery and maternal and infant health have a lot to offer for Indian efforts,” Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss said after the agreement was signed.
For coordination and implementation of the agreement, a joint working group of officials from India and Sweden was set up. The working group met immediately after the signing of agreement and will meet every year.
Controlling the risk factor of alcohol, strengthening of midwifery and nursing skills and maternal and child health will be the priority areas.
The working group decided to develop a joint strategy to deal with the harm caused by alcohol use.
- India, Sweden sign MoU for cooperation in health care and public health. - Feb 24, 2009
- India-Sweden to strengthen ties in healthcare - Nov 29, 2010
- China, Russia vow to deepen ties - Sep 27, 2010
- Dr. Ramadoss meets Swedish Health Minister in Stockholm - Nov 20, 2008
- India, Mozambique to ink security accord - Jul 11, 2012
- India keen on stronger bilateral, regional ties with Malaysia - May 03, 2011
- India, US enhance bilateral ties through six pacts - Nov 08, 2010
- Two-day health strategy retreat concludes in Manesar - Sep 30, 2010
- India, Israel sign extradition pact, to forge anti-terror strategy (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Manmohan, Thein Sein embark on 'new journey' (Third Lead) - May 28, 2012
- India, Thailand to boost anti-terror cooperation, to sign FTA (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Russia asks Pakistan to expedite 26/11 probe, backs India for UNSC seat (Lead) - Dec 21, 2010
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- With Pakistan in mind, Delhi and Kabul seal strategic pact - Oct 05, 2011
- India, US to broaden knowledge partnership (Lead) - Oct 14, 2011