India, South Korea join hands on electoral processAugust 1st, 2012 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) India and South Korea Wednesday signed an agreement to collaborate in strengthening institutions and processes for democracy, good governance and rule of law in the two countries.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Chief Election Commissioner of India V.S. Sampath and the chairperson of the National Electoral Commission of Republic of Korea Justice Nung Hwan Kim.
“We are aware of Korea’s formidable record in democratic functioning and good electoral practices,” said Sampath.
The MoU has been signed with the common mission of strengthening institutions and processes for democracy, good governance and rule of law in the two countries through combined efforts.
The Korean Election Commission is now the chair of the Association of Asian Election Authorities and India is the vice-chair.
- Asian poll panel association to increase information exchange - Aug 01, 2012
- India, South Africa to cooperate on electoral reforms - Oct 11, 2011
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Egypt sign poll pact - Sep 18, 2012
- Poll panel to use social media to attract young voters - Nov 25, 2011
- Antony meets South Korean President Lee Myung-bak in Seoul - Sep 04, 2010
- India, Switzerland to cooperate in local governance - Dec 12, 2011
- ECI, CEC of Russian Federation to sign MoU in field of elections tomorrow - Dec 20, 2010
- Norwegian delegation to study decentralised governance - Jan 11, 2012
- South Korean activist allegedly electrocuted while detained in China - Jul 28, 2012
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- U.S.-Korean joint military drill announced during Antony's Seoul visit - Sep 03, 2010
- MoU with ASEAN will boost joint tourism, feels India - Jan 13, 2012
- India-Australia institutes tie up for eye care - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: chairperson, chief election commissioner, chief election commissioner of india, election authorities, election commission, election commissioner of india, electoral commission, electoral practices, electoral process, good governance, hwan kim, india south, memorandum of understanding, mou, nung, republic of korea, rule of law, s sampath, south korea, vice chair