India should promote renewable energy: ministerAugust 23rd, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) India should adopt solar energy to make the country self-reliant in the energy sector, Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy Vilas Muttemwar said here Saturday. Speaking at a function to mark the Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas, Muttemwar said India has the potential to produce enough solar energy to cater cater to the country’s total energy demand.
Solar energy would become the cheapest source of energy in the future, Muttemwar said.
“To make India self-reliant in energy sector, revolutionary steps have to be taken for generating solar energy and adopting it as an alternative source of energy,” he added, at the function organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and The Energy and Research Institute.
- Focus on renewable energy for self-reliance: minister - Aug 21, 2008
- Solar power generation in Raipur - Sep 25, 2010
- Dikshit stresses on need for harnessing renewable energy - Aug 21, 2010
- PM presents Sadbhavana award to Gautam Bhai - Aug 20, 2009
- Centre announce financial incentives on Akshay Urja Diwas - Aug 20, 2008
- TERI promises to bring light in villages - Aug 23, 2008
- Nation pays homage to Rajiv Gandhi on his 65th birth anniversary - Aug 20, 2009
- Haryana can generate 1,019 MW power from surplus biomass: Report - Jan 12, 2011
- Himachal developing solar-powered cities - Aug 20, 2011
- Delhiites can soon sell solar power to distribution companies(June 5 is World Environment Day) - Jun 05, 2011
- 'India's n-power plants safe, poised for big expansion' - Jul 20, 2011
- Rajiv Gandhi remembered on 65th birth anniversary - Aug 20, 2009
- Government targets 26,000 MW power from renewable sources - Aug 19, 2008
- Pakistan seeks India's expertise in renewable energy - Aug 28, 2012
- UPA aims at women's self reliance: Sonia (Lead) - May 11, 2011