India, Russia discuss trade, firm up Medvedev visit agenda (Lead)November 18th, 2010 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) Ahead of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev’s visit to India next month, India and Russia Thursday held wide-ranging talks aimed at expanding bilateral trade and firming up pacts that are expected to be signed during the presidential trip.
External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna and Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov held delegation-level talks at the 16th Indo-Russian Inter-Governmental Joint Economic Commission (IRIGC) meeting here.
The two sides discussed ways and means of boosting bilateral trade from $7.4 billion to $20 billion by 2015 and focused on removing visa and travel barriers to ease trade and investment between the two countries, said official sources.
The meeting focused on expanding bilateral cooperation in diverse areas, including pharmaceuticals, energy, both conventional and civil nuclear, IT and telecommunications, advanced and applied sciences, hydrocarbons and hi-technology.
The meeting between Krishna and Ivanov, seen by some as a successor to Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, also firmed up the agenda for the annual summit-level meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Medvedev next month. Medvedev is expected to come to India around Dec 20.
- India, Russia to firm up agenda for Medvedev's visit - Nov 18, 2010
- Russia backs India for SCO member - Nov 17, 2011
- 16th Indo-Russian Inter-Governmental Commission meeting begins today - Nov 18, 2010
- 16th Indo-Russian Inter-Governmental Commission meeting begins on Thursday - Nov 17, 2010
- India, Russia to cooperate closely over Taliban terror (Lead) - Nov 09, 2009
- Russian President to arrive in New Delhi on Tuesday morning - Dec 20, 2010
- Russia confident about India's Security Council seat - Dec 20, 2010
- Ahead of PM's visit, India, Russia hold talks - Nov 09, 2009
- India announces PM's visit to Russia Dec 15-17 - Dec 08, 2011
- Lavrov in India to firm agenda for Medvedev visit (Lead, Changing dateline) - Nov 29, 2010
- Energy, economy high on PM's agenda in Russia - Dec 15, 2011
- India, Russia target $20 billion trade by 2015 - Dec 20, 2010
- PM to focus on energy, economy during India-Russia summit (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Indian, Russian companies ink lucrative deals, target $20 bn trade (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Russian foreign minister visits India Monday - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: applied sciences, bilateral cooperation, bilateral trade, deputy prime minister, dmitry medvedev, economic commission, external affairs minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, pacts, presidential trip, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, russian deputy, russian president, russian prime minister, summit level, travel barriers, vladimir putin, ways and means