India, Russia counter-terrorism exercise in AugustJune 19th, 2012 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) India and Russia are readying to hold their annual joint counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency army war game in August this year in Buryatia in southeast Russia.
The exercise, to be called Indra-2012, will witness about 250 troops from each side matching their skills and understanding each other’s standard operating procedures in exercises to eliminate terrorists and insurgents, according to officers in the Indian Army headquarters.
The war game will take place at a training area in Buryatia, which falls under the Russian Army’s Eastern Command.
The last Indra exercise was held in India’s Uttarakhand state in October 2010, when about 250 troops from each side carried out manoeuvres in the garrison town of Chaubatia near hill resort Ranikhet.
Indian Army troops will get acquainted with Russian military equipment during exercise in the first stage, after which they will get to participate in joint tasks to get trained in standard operating procedures. Later, the two sides will carry out a synchronised counter-terrorism operations.
- India, France perfect counter-insurgency warfare skills - Oct 21, 2011
- First India, France joint army exercise begins - Oct 10, 2011
- Russia-India military drill to start Sunday - Aug 05, 2012
- India, Russia to hold army exercises in Uttarakhand - Oct 19, 2010
- Indian Army ramps up joint exercises with foreign militaries - Sep 29, 2011
- Russia, India joint anti-terrorism drills begin Tuesday - Aug 07, 2012
- Indo-Russian military drill ends with resolve to fight terrorism - Oct 23, 2010
- Indian Army to hold 20 war games with friendly nations - Jan 29, 2012
- India, Russia to hold anti-terror military drills - Oct 06, 2010
- First India-France army war game in Sept-Oct - Jul 29, 2011
- Russia sees India as a super power in coming years: Ambassador Kadakin - Oct 24, 2010
- India, Russia joint military exercise begins - Oct 15, 2010
- India, US war drill kicks off in Rajasthan - Mar 05, 2012
- India, Russia begin anti-terror military drills - Oct 15, 2010
- Russia snubs India; cancels navy, army war games - May 31, 2011
Tags: army headquarters, army troops, army war, buryatia, counter insurgency, counter terrorism, exercise, exercises, garrison town, indian army, insurgents, New Delhi, ranikhet, russia, russian army, russian military equipment, standard operating procedures, terrorists, uttarakhand, war game