India, Pakistani troopers exchange sweets on EidNovember 7th, 2011 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Attari (Punjab), Nov 7 (IANS) Border guards from India and Pakistan Monday exchanged sweets at the joint check post along the Attari-Wagah border between India and Pakistan on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha.
Officers and troopers from both sides walked up to the zero line and exchanged sweets and greetings.
Border Security Force (BSF) Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Sanjeev Bhanot led the Indian side while Pakistan Rangers was represented by Wing Commander Sohail Khan.
The trade activity through the land border route between both countries has been halted for four days from Monday following Eid holidays in Pakistan, trade officials said.
The joint check post is 30 km from Amritsar.
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Pakistan Rangers offer BSF sweets on I-Day - Aug 14, 2011
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
- Eid Mubarak at Wagah-Attari border - Aug 20, 2012
- Indian, Pakistan border guards exchange greetings - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF-Pakistan Rangers exchange sweets at border on Diwali - Oct 17, 2009
- BSF gives Pakistan Rangers sweets at Punjab border (Lead) - Aug 15, 2010
- Pakistani teenager mistakenly enters India, sent back - Aug 08, 2010
- Mahesh Bhatt, Kuldip Nayar to light peace candles at Wagah - Aug 14, 2010
- No zero entrance through Bangladesh border: BSF chief - Aug 29, 2012
- Pakistani rangers, BSF men share sweets at Wagah border on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 28, 2009
- 107 MM army-type rockets fired into India: BSF (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2009
- Peaceniks light candles at India-Pakistan border - Aug 15, 2009
- BSF to use non-lethal arms along Bangladesh border - Mar 12, 2011
- BSF fires into Pakistan after rocket attack - Sep 12, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,