India, Pakistan trade bodies sign pactJune 4th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 4 (IANS) Two trade bodies of India and Pakistan Monday signed an agreement to boost trade and people-to-people contact between the two countries, an official said here.
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) and the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry was signed here, PHDCCI president Sandip Somany said in a statement.
He said the agreement would not only help in promoting the two-way trade and people-to-people contact but also be beneficial in times to come.
“The relationship between India and Pakistan is moving forward. Business communities and the governments of both countries are making serious discussions to develop good relationship and take it forward,” he added.
At present, 40 exhibitors from Pakistan are here to participate in the five-day mega mart that began Sunday. The exhibitors from Pakistan are displaying products like garments, footwear, handicrafts, dry fruits, gems and stones and kitchenware.
Vice President of the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry Iqbal Ahmed said such events would be contributing significantly towards bilateral relations.
- Pakistan expo aims to reap trade benefits, goodwill - Apr 12, 2012
- Punjab aims to develop Amritsar as expo hub - Dec 14, 2010
- Amritsar looks at trade revival - with Pakistani help - Dec 20, 2010
- Anand Sharma heads for Pakistan with 150-strong business team - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Trade can lead to peace between India, Pakistan' - Feb 15, 2012
- India, Singapore business chambers to boost trade - Jul 11, 2012
- Environment good for boosting India-Pakistan trade: Gilani - Feb 16, 2012
- India, Qatar chambers to set up joint business council - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistan, Afghanistan to strengthen ties - Jun 12, 2011
- India may allow Pakistani investments - Feb 16, 2012
- India, South Africa ink pact on postal service - Sep 06, 2012
- India, Pakistan agree to ease trade, visa norms - Feb 15, 2012
- $189 mn of China's imports MoUs between Indian and Chinese firms - Aug 27, 2012
- India, Pakistan finalise liberal visa accord - Oct 15, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani traders want less restrictions - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: bilateral relations, business communities, chamber of commerce and industry, dry fruits, gems and stones, good relationship, handicrafts, india and pakistan, india pakistan, iqbal ahmed, mega mart, memorandum of understanding, pakistan trade, phdcci, relationship between india, sandip, serious discussions, sign pact, somany, trade bodies