India-Pakistan ties have direct bearing on Kashmir: OmarApril 25th, 2012 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 25 (IANS) India-Pakistan relations have direct bearing on the peace and development of Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said Wednesday, hoping that the bilateral dialogue process would proceed to its “logical end”.
Abdullah was addressing a gathering of 5,000 people in the remote Darhal area of mountainous-border district of Rajouri. Darhal is about 210 kilometres north-west of Jammu.
He said that the peace was pre-requisite to economic prosperity and all round development. “You have witnessed the benefits of peaceful 2011 in the shape of economic activities with fast tracking of development across the State”, he said.
The chief minister said that his government was addressing the political issues of the state with focused attention.
“It (the government) is wholeheartedly involved in the resolution of day-to-day problems of the people making justice and equitable development benchmark of governance,” he said.
Abdullah said that peace and progress with thrust on creation of economic activities and job opportunities is the endeavour of National Conference-Congress alliance since 2009.
“We are working to mitigate difficulties of people and restore peace and stability in the State,” he said, adding that the impact of balanced development unleashed in the State during the last three years is amply visible on ground. “The next three years will witness further fillip and fast tracking of development in the State,” the chief minister said.
- Australian envoy meets Omar Abdullah - Apr 14, 2011
- Rahul promises equal development of Kashmir - Sep 28, 2011
- Omar for financially self-reliant Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 24, 2012
- J&K; to get planning board this year: Omar - Jul 22, 2012
- Make preparations for more tourists in 2012: Omar Abdullah - Jan 23, 2012
- Omar rejects rotational chief ministership - Jan 05, 2011
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
- Tourism can boost Kashmir's economic development: Omar - Dec 31, 2011
- Kashmir's ruling coalition panel fails to agree on urban bodies poll - Apr 09, 2012
- Kashmir begins dredging of Jhelum river after 26 years - Mar 24, 2012
- Continue dialogue with Pakistan, Omar urges centre - Oct 22, 2011
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- I was destined to become chief minister: Omar - Jan 05, 2012
- Kashmir shutdowns magnified by media: Omar Abdullah - May 11, 2010
- EU delegation calls on Omar Abdullah - May 12, 2011
Tags: bearing, benchmark, bilateral dialogue, congress alliance, economic activities, economic prosperity, endeavour, equitable development, fillip, governance, india pakistan, jammu and kashmir, job opportunities, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, kilometres, pakistan relations, peace and stability, thrust, ties