India, Pakistan talks on CBMs ThursdayJuly 18th, 2012 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 17 (IANS) India and Pakistan will hold bilateral talks Thursday in Islamabad to review confidence building measures (CBMs) between the two countries, said an official Tuesday.
“The Joint Working Group (JWG) will discuss Confidence Building Measures to facilitate travel and trade across the Line of Control (LoC),” the Pakistani Foreign Ministry said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
The meeting will be held in line with the decision during the foreign Secretary-level talks between the two countries on peace and security including CBMs, Jammu and Kashmir and friendly exchanges held in New Delhi on July 4-5, it added.
The Pakistani delegation will be headed by Zehra Akbari, director general of South Asia Division in foreign affairs ministry while the Indian side will be led by Y. K. Sinha, joint secretary (Pakistan) in the Indian ministry of external affairs, the statement said.
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up new cross-Kashmir CBMs - Jul 18, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani foreign secretaries begin talks - Jul 26, 2011
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up cross-Kashmir CBMs, discuss terror (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Highlights of India, Pakistan joint statement - Jul 27, 2011
- Pakistan rejects accusations on 26/11 (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: akbari, bilateral talks, confidence building, delegation, director general, foreign affairs ministry, foreign ministry, india and pakistan, india pakistan, indian ministry, islamabad, joint working group, july 17, kashmir, ministry of external affairs, New Delhi, pakistan talks, sinha, south asia division, xinhua