India NEWS, another Hindi news channel to go on airFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 5:32 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) After Anurradha Prasad’s News 24, the ITV group is coming up with another Hindi news channel called India NEWS that promises to serve serious news to people across the country, including those in remote villages. With “Pal Pal Ki Khabar” as its tagline, the channel will also focus on issues concerning underprivileged people.
“Right now it is in the testing period. We are planning to go on air March 15,” said Harish Gupta, chief executive officer and editor-in-chief of the channel.
Gupta earlier led news channels like Janmat and Sab TV. Apart from him, social activists, intellectuals, and experts on politics and defence have been roped in for the editorial team that includes former BBC correspondents Mark Tully and Satish Jacob.
Apart from the news, the channel has crafted exclusive programmes like “Vishes”, which will examine crucial issues, and “Dharam Karam”, which will focus on religion and try to bring in flavours of ancient Vedic India.
The ITV group brings out the Hindi magazine India News and the daily Hindi newspaper Aaj Samaj.
The company also plans to start an English news channel, a Bhojpuri channel, a music channel and an FM radio station.
- Colors snaps up rights to Screen Awards - Dec 13, 2011
- Chidambaram's Bhojpuri impresses Lok Sabha (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Bharti Achrekar's Dream Comes True with Lapataganj - Apr 15, 2010
- Malay Indian body demands more focus on community issues. - Feb 14, 2011
- An online guidebook on safe sex - Nov 18, 2011
- Actors shocked at Imagine TV shutting down - Apr 13, 2012
- 5th Bhojpuri Film Awards promote national unity - Mar 02, 2010
- Mastii the Numero Uno music channel - Aug 19, 2010
- Congress urges Mamata to support Pranab, says FDI in retail soon - Jun 17, 2012
- Sri Adhikari Brothers launch new music-comedy channel - Jul 07, 2010
- Chidambaram stuns Lok Sabha, speaks in Bhojpuri - May 17, 2012
- Pray for Dara Singh, says Dharmendra - Jul 10, 2012
- Highlights of new FM radio policy - Jul 07, 2011
- GoM to meet Jan 19 to decide auction for FM-III: Soni - Jan 13, 2011
- ITV is in talks with BT to show Premier League games - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: aaj, bbc correspondents, bhojpuri, chief executive officer, english news, fm radio station, harish gupta, hindi news, karam, khabar, mark tully, music channel, National, news 24, news channels, satish jacob, serious news, social activists, vedic india, vishes