India lost an illustrious son in Dev Anand: JayalalithaaDecember 4th, 2011 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 4 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and yesteryears actress J. Jayalalithaa Sunday condoled the death of Bollywood legend Dev Anand in London, saying India has lost “a great actor, an illustrious son and a true patriot”.
“The universally popular evergreen hero of ‘Hum Dono’, ‘Kala Pani’, ‘Guide’ and so many other much acclaimed movies was the epitome of Indian pride and sensibility,” Jayalaltihaa said in a statement here.
She said the actor “charted his own course on the silver screen and was an institution by himself. A most versatile actor, his footprints on Indian cinema are indelible.”
“He lived life to the full and was known above all as a good human being. Having many box office hits to his credit, almost all his films like “Ziddi”, “Hum Dono”, “Baazi”, “Kala Pani”, “Tere Ghar Ke Samne” are memorable,” the chief minister added.
Describing Dev Anand as a “multifaceted personality”, she said “every role he played created an impact on the minds of viewers. His movies were noteworthy for their melodious songs which are popular even today.”
He has won many richly deserved national and international awards and honours, she added.
“His demise is an irreparable loss to the film industry as well as to the nation. Dev Anand’s death has left a void that can never be filled,” Jayalalithaa said conveying her deepest condolences to the family members of the departed actor.
- Filmography of evergreen star Dev Anand - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand's 'Hum Dono' coming in 3D? (With Image) - Jan 04, 2011
- Evergreen actor Dev Anand dies in London - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand's 1961 classic 'Hum Dono' in colour - Dec 04, 2010
- Dev Anand: Bollywood's very own Peter Pan says adieu (Obituary) - Dec 04, 2011
- The brothers Anand: Tracking the Navketan story - Dec 05, 2011
- Dev Anand turns 88, going strong with new projects - Sep 26, 2011
- Dev got too involved with himself: Waheeda Rehman - Dec 06, 2011
- President, vice president, PM condole Dev Anand's death - Dec 04, 2011
- 'Khoya khoya chand' - Some of Dev Anand's hit songs - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand to feature on BBC Asia - Jun 28, 2010
- Interesting Facts and Figures : Dev Anand - Mar 23, 2009
- Dev Anand’s 'Hum Dono' To Release In Color - Dec 04, 2010
- Lata, Dev Anand recall Kishore on his birth anniversary - Aug 04, 2011
- Kareena, Bhandarkar at the New York Indian Film Festival - May 08, 2012
Tags: chief minister, deepest condolences, demise, dev anand, epitome, film industry, footprints, great actor, illustrious son, indian cinema, indian pride, international awards, irreparable loss, j jayalalithaa, melodious songs, silver screen, tere ghar, true patriot, versatile actor, yesteryears