India is the future No.1 team in cricket: HadleeNovember 7th, 2008 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) All-time great all-rounder Richard Hadlee feels India has the potential to be the top team in all forms of world cricket and it is just a matter of a couple of years before they wear the crown of world champions.”India has the potential to be the No. 1 team in all forms of the game. What we are seeing in India’s performance, it’s a reflection of Indian Premier League (IPL). India is a real force in world cricket,” said Hadlee.
“If India wins this series against Australia, it will give hope to New Zealand who will tour Australia in the future. They will have the confidence that if India can beat Australia, so can we,” said the Kiwi, who is the brand ambassador of the Delhi Half Marathon here.
Hadlee, who is taking a break from cricket after his term as the New Zealand selector came to an end, said Sachin Tendulkar is the best cricketer among his generation.
“Don Bradman was definitely all-time great. The greatness of a player depends on how quickly he adapts to situation in different conditions. For Sachin, statistics speak volumes. Technically, he is better than any one. He is a magnificent player and has served not only India but world cricket.”
Hadlee, who once held a word record of 431 wickets, said it is the spinners who now rule the roost.
“Earlier pacers used to be the highest wicket takers, now it’s the spinners like Shane Warne, Muttiah Murlitharan and Anil Kumble. Fast bowlers put the pressure while spinners take the wickets. So it is the balancing act in cricket, ” Hadlee said.
- India set for series sweep (Preview) - Aug 30, 2012
- ICC starts poll for greatest team ahead of 2000th Test - Jul 11, 2011
- Seven Indian cricketers in fray for ODI dream team - Dec 22, 2010
- Rise in injuries to fast bowlers due to ODIs: Hadlee - Nov 30, 2011
- Warne to enter Oz Cricket Hall of Fame, Clarke favourite for Border medal - Feb 26, 2012
- New captains will bring fresh ideas in IPL-4 - Apr 07, 2011
- World Cup warm-up: India stroll to big win against New Zealand (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Sachin, Yuvraj, Zaheer selected in Team of the Tournament - Apr 03, 2011
- We need to carry forward this momentum: Mahela - Apr 21, 2011
- Murali set to play domestic 20-20 cricket for Kiwi side Wellington - Apr 03, 2011
- Murali a good human being: Bedi - Jul 22, 2010
- Tendulkar is incomparable (Tribute) - Mar 16, 2012
- India crush kiwis by eight wickets to sweep series 5-0 - Dec 10, 2010
- P. Sara Oval oozes history and tradition - Mar 28, 2011
- Simpson, Hadlee to be honoured - Oct 26, 2011