India, Indonesia to hold talksJuly 24th, 2012 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) India and Indonesia, founders of the Non-Aligned Movement and two of the world’s fastest growing economies, will hold talks later this week to accelerate economic ties and map the future trajectory of their relationship.
External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna will hold talks with his Indonesian counterpart Marty M. Natalegawa Friday.
“Both sides will take stock of the developments in our bilateral relationship and identify areas for future cooperation between our two countries,” the external affairs ministry said here ahead of the talks.
Natalegawa will also address the Indian Council of World Affairs Friday on Indonesia’s views of the shifting world order.
Bilateral trade has touched $20 billion and Indian investments in Indonesia are steadily rising.
Indonesia is an important member of the 10-nation ASEAN and a partner in India’s “Look East Policy”, the ministry said.
The two countries enjoy multi-faceted cooperation in trade and investment, energy, agriculture, science and technology, space, coal, oil and gas, defence and other areas.
New Delhi will be hosting the first-ever India-ASEAN summit in December this year.
- India, Indonesia sign double tax avoidance pact, set $25 bn trade target (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia upbeat on $25 bn trade by 2015 - Jul 27, 2012
- India to host ministers of Mekong-Ganga countries - Dec 05, 2011
- Thai PM chief guest at Republic Day parade - Jan 23, 2012
- Manmohan heads East to Bali and Singapore - Nov 16, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, seal $15 billion deals (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, 10 other pacts (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Pakistan and Indonesia could sign trade agreement in early 2011 - Dec 24, 2010
- Manmohan Singh promises visa on arrival for citizens of four ASEAN nations - Oct 30, 2010
- India welcomes Australian Labor Party move on uranium sale - Dec 04, 2011
- India, Indonesia back freedom of navigation in South China Sea (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- India steps up ASEAN diplomacy, Singapore PM on way - Jul 09, 2012
- India, Japan to hold maiden economic dialogue Monday - Apr 29, 2012
- India, Thailand to hold talks - Dec 23, 2011
- ASEAN-India officials meet in Cambodia - May 27, 2012
Tags: agriculture science, asean summit, bilateral relationship, bilateral trade, coal oil, counterpart, economic ties, external affairs minister, external affairs ministry, founders, india indonesia, indian investments, krishna, New Delhi, non aligned movement, oil and gas, science and technology, technology space, trajectory, world affairs