India Inc welcomes assembly election resultsMarch 6th, 2012 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) India Inc Tuesday welcomed the assembly election results saying clear majority in most states, especially Uttar Pradesh and Punjab, would provide stability and push forward the reform process.
“The win provides a great opportunity for the new government to take necessary and bold measures for development of infrastructure and industrial clusters in the state,” Chandrajit Banerjee, director general, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), said while reacting to the Samajwadi Party’s win in Uttar Pradesh.
The Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party is set to form the government in the country’s most populous state Uttar Pradesh, winning over 223 seats.
Banerjee said CII would shortly present to the government its own wish list of reforms and measures.
“We are certain that the new government would be pro-active on the reform agenda and CII looks forward to working very closely with the government,” he said.
“Assembly election results show that political parties which provide opportunities for education and jobs with clean administration will have an edge over others,” said Lalit Khaitan, chairman of the Uttar Pradesh council of Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Assocham).
“Good governance is good business and hence good politics,” he said.
Reacting to the Akali Dal-BJP combine’s win in Punjab, Banerjee said re-election of Parkash Singh Badal-led alliance would provide an opportunity to the state government to further strengthen the development initiatives and undertake bold policy measures.
“Stability in the government would enhance confidence of the industry and herald new investments,” Banerjee said.
“The agrarian state faces huge challenges in raising productivity levels through effective reforms and contract farming in collaboration with the private sector,” said Ravi Wig, chairman, Punjab council of Assocham.
- Digvijay evades question on alliances in UP - Mar 03, 2012
- Blackout hits business activities - Jul 30, 2012
- Results a mixed bag for BJP: Sushma - Mar 06, 2012
- Mulayam will bring back 'gunda raj': Mayawati - Feb 19, 2012
- UP mandate a defeat for Rahul: Swaraj (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Jayalalithaa congratulates Badal, Mulayam Singh - Mar 07, 2012
- It will be Rahul vs Modi in 2014: Beni Prasad Verma - Aug 20, 2012
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress bruised (Intro Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- Strike estimated to cause economic loss of over $2 billion - Sep 20, 2012
- 250 murders a day in Akhilesh-ruled UP, claims BSP - Apr 27, 2012
- SP and Akali Dal score big, Congress bruised (Afternoon Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Akali Dal-BJP kick off Punjab poll campaign - Dec 18, 2011
- Mamata blames Left Front for 'brutal' land laws - Mar 12, 2012
- Congress downplays Mulayam, Badal's invitations to Mamata - Mar 10, 2012
- Raise power capacity on war footing: India Inc - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: assembly election results, assocham, bold measures, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, cii, confederation of indian industry, contract farming, development initiatives, good business, good governance, india inc, industrial clusters, mulayam singh yadav, parkash, policy measures, populous state, productivity levels, reform agenda, Samajwadi Party