India Inc wasn’t expecting anything from interim budgetFebruary 16th, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 16 (IANS) Following are the reactions from some prominent industrialists and economists to the interim budget presented by acting finance minister Pranab Mukherjee here Monday:
Deepak Parekh, chairman, HDFC Bank: Not a disappointment, I did not expect anything in the interim budget. It was never meant to be a giveaway. Interim budget is only an exercise of stating accounts.
Pradeep Jain, chairman of Parasvnath Developers: It’s a non-event for the corporate world. The interim budget is merely a populist budget.
Sajjan Jindal, vice-chairman and managing director of JSW Steel: I was not expecting much from this. For the next two-three months, we are going to have a policy freeze but monetary policies will address some factors like interest rates.
Dalip Kumar, manager (projects) at National Council for Applied Economic Research: How are they going to maintain the economic growth…these are political statements.
D.K. Joshi, principal economist credit rating agency Crisil: The interim budget shows huge pressure on expenditures. Fiscal correction will have to wait.
- India Inc wasn't expecting anything from interim budget (Lead) - Feb 16, 2009
- India Inc. wasn't expecting much from interim budget (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2009
- Karnataka global investors' meet kicks off - Jun 07, 2012
- Sajjan Jindal's Bengal steel project to start soon - Jul 11, 2012
- Japan's JFE to invest Rs.4,800 crore for JSW Steel stake - Jul 27, 2010
- Budget evokes mixed reactions among industrialists - Jul 06, 2009
- Policy matters, iron ore sourcing delaying steel plant: JSW Steel - Jan 10, 2012
- Bengal woos industry amid mismanagement taint (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Equipment foundation of Salboni project by December - Sep 08, 2010
- Premji expects quicker policy initiatives after assembly polls - Jan 21, 2012
- Consider Bengal your 'dreamland', Mamata woos industrialists (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- JSW Steel to start on Salboni project after Puja: Jindal - Sep 10, 2011
- Central government in favour of banning iron ore exports - Jul 31, 2010
- Bhushan attacks government's 'non-populist' policies - Dec 11, 2011
- AIFF ties up with JSW to build Bangalore, Kolkata stadiums - Dec 09, 2010