India-France co-production tie-up to be celebrated at CannesApril 28th, 2011 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) An India-France agreement for co-producing films will be celebrated at special ceremony May 15 at the 64th Cannes International Film Festival.
It will be held at India’s National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) pavilion jointly with CNC (French National Cinema and Motion Pictures Centre) during the film gala, scheduled to be held May 11-22.
The Indian film industry will also be honoured through the screening of “Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told,” produced by Shekhar Kapoor and UTV Motion Pictures, in the Cannes ‘Out of Competition’ section, said a press statement.
The India-France agreement for co-producing films was signed Dec 6, 2010 by India’s Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and French Culture and Information Minister Federic Mitter on behalf of the two governments. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and French President Nicolas Sarkozy were present at the signing.
The agreement came into effect April 1. Unlike the previous co-production agreement signed between the two countries Jan 16, 1985, the latest deal allows producers from each country to contribute between 20-80 percent to a co-produced film.
However, for exceptions, the minimum contribution can be reduced to 10 percent with the approval of the French and Indian authorities.
- India-France join hands im co-producing films - Dec 06, 2010
- UTV to distribute Tamil film 'Deiva Thirumagal' - Jul 04, 2011
- Walt Disney, UTV to co-produce family films - May 19, 2011
- Animation filmmaker Gitanjali Rao on Cannes' Kodak Award Jury - Apr 30, 2011
- UTV wins 'Thank You' title row - Apr 06, 2011
- 'Rowdy Rathore', 'Housefull 2' release dates announced - Sep 30, 2011
- Lucrative business innings for India at Cannes 2010 - May 22, 2010
- India-France sign agreement on civil nuclear cooperation - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Udaan' debuts at Cannes, director feels humbled - May 19, 2010
- India, Poland discuss film pact - Nov 02, 2011
- Locarno-Open Doors to highlight Indian films - Jul 18, 2011
- India, France in pact for two n-reactors, unite against terror (Second Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Delhi Belly' now in Tamil, shooting starts May 7 - Apr 30, 2012
- UTV signs three-film deal with N. Linguswamy - Jul 11, 2011
- 'That Girl...' goes to Toronto, Venice film festivals - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: ambika soni, cannes international film festival, federic, film development corporation, french national cinema, french president nicolas, french president nicolas sarkozy, greatest love story, indian authorities, indian film industry, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, international film festival, manmohan singh, nicolas sarkozy, president nicolas sarkozy, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, shekhar kapoor, utv motion pictures