India Emerging Players beat New ZealandAugust 8th, 2011 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Aug 8 (IANS) R.Vinay Kumar took four wickets as India defeated New Zealand by nine wickets in the three-day match of the Emerging Players Tournament at Townsville here Monday.
New Zealand, who were asked to follow on, were bowled out for 239.
Dean Brownlie, who top scored in the first innings, made 88. Captain Daniel Flynnn scored 80.
Pacer Vinay Kumar took four for 33 in 12 overs while Jaidev Unadkat got two.
India, who amassed 404 in the first innings and bowled out New Zealand for 272, had to score 108 in the second innings. They achieved the target with opener Ajinkya Rahane (45) and C.M. Gautam (44) sharing a 98-run stand. Shikhar Dhawan, the only wicket to fall for 3 runs, was caught behind, dismissed by Derek de Boorder off Doug Bracewell.
New Zealand resumed the day at 48/3 and still 74 runs behind India’s first innings total. Brownlie and Flynn batted with compusure and added another 126 runs before they were separated.
Left-arm spinner Iqbal Abdulla, who had taken three wickets in the first innings, provided the breakthrough when he had Flynn caught by Ambati Rayudu.
Dhawan got the wicket of Brownlie, who struck 10 fours and three sixes in his 176-ball knock. Luke Woodcock provided a brief resistance with a patient 36, but Vinay Kumar got his wicket and went on to clean the tail.
- India Emerging Players force New Zealand A to follow on - Aug 07, 2011
- Narine bursts back as Windies clinch series - Jul 02, 2012
- Raina, Kohli to India's rescue (Tea Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- India vs New Zealand: Scoreboard at tea - Sep 01, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs. New Zealand, Second Test, Day Two - Sep 01, 2012
- First Test: India four wickets away from win (Tea Report) - Aug 26, 2012
- Rest in unbeatable position against Rajasthan - Oct 04, 2011
- Knight Riders defeat Challengers in must win game - Sep 30, 2011
- Narine revives Windies with late wickets - Jul 26, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Saurashtra's win over Punjab lone result in Elite Division - Nov 20, 2011
- Gayle survives chance, leads Windies reply - Jul 27, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, second Test, day two - Sep 01, 2012
- India-New Zealand First Test: India loses both openers at lunch (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Muralitharan, Vettori guide Royal Challengers to win over Daredevils (Roundup) - Apr 07, 2012
- Kohli leads strong Indian response (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: abdulla, bracewell, breakthrough, brownlie, captain daniel, flynnn, four wickets, gautam, left arm, match, nine wickets, pacer, resistance, shikhar dhawan, target, three sixes, townsville, vinay kumar, wicket, woodcock