India drub Australian state team 8-1February 14th, 2009 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Brisbane, Feb 14 (IANS) Rajpal Singh scored four goals including a hat trick as India whipped the Queensland and New South Wales State 8-1 at the State Hockey Centre here Saturday.
The other goal scorers for India, who led 5-0 at the break, were Shivendra Singh (8th and 12th min), V.R. Raghunath (50th min) and Hari Prasad (57th min).
The Australian team, captained by Dean Butler and which included renowned internationals Brent Livermore and Stephen Lambert, had no answer to the repeated Indian onslaughts.
Indian Coach in-charge Harendra Singh expressed happiness with the result.
“The team was adapting well to the climatic change from the winter at Chandigarh where they had lost to European champions Holland in the summit clash of the Punjab Gold Cup on Monday,” he said.
India will clash with Queensland and New South Wales State team again Sunday.
- India trounce China 5-0 in Asian Champions hockey - Sep 03, 2011
- India beat South Africa 6-5 in hockey Test - Jul 09, 2012
- Chetri to lead hockey team in Champions Challenge - Nov 18, 2011
- Rajpal retained among 32 hockey probables for Olympic qualifiers - Jan 23, 2012
- India beat South Korea 5-3 in Asian Champions hockey - Sep 06, 2011
- Ace forward Rajpal axed from hockey squad for Olympic qualifiers - Jan 30, 2012
- Asian Champions Trophy: Rajpal to lead men's team, Anjum women's - Aug 16, 2011
- 48 probables selected for national hockey camp - Jul 16, 2011
- Chettri to lead India in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup - Apr 12, 2012
- Karnataka beat Punjab 2-1, move into the final - Jun 18, 2011
- Olympic hockey qualifiers: Indian men, women in finals (Roundup) - Feb 25, 2012
- Indian hockey team to play in Hamburg Masters - Jun 16, 2010
- India beat South Africa 4-2 to enter Champions Challenge final - Dec 03, 2011
- India thrash Poland 4-2, face France in final (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- MCC-Murugappa Hockey: BPCL, Air India enter semis - Sep 14, 2012