India dismayed at OIC stance on Mumbai attackMay 29th, 2009 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) India Friday rejected gratuitous comments by the Organisation of the Islamic Conference on the Kashmir issue and expressed dismay at OIC dubbing the Mumbai terrorist attacks merely as “an incident”.
“We note with regret that the OIC has chosen to comment on India’s internal affairs during the 36th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers held in Syria,” the external affairs ministry said in a statement here.
“The OIC has no locus standi on India’s internal affairs,” the ministry said.
During the May 23-25 meeting, OIC Secretary General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu had said the grouping reaffirmed “commitment and support to the Kashmiri freedom struggle”. The OIC also stressed the need for resumption of dialogue between India and Pakistan to achieve “a just and peaceful resolution” of the Kashmir issue.
The OIC, an international organisation that brings together 57 states, professes to speak for the interests of Muslims in the world.
India also expressed its dismay at an OIC resolution which has referred to the Nov 26-29 Mumbai attack perpetrated allegedly by a group of Pakistanis as a mere incident.
“It is most unfortunate that the spectre of terrorism confronting the international community, of which the attack on Mumbai by elements from Pakistan was an extreme manifestation, is not being unambiguously addressed by the OIC,” the ministry said.
“We strongly reject such resolutions,” it added.
- India rejects OIC resolution on Kashmir - Jul 01, 2011
- India snubs OIC's Kashmir resolution - May 29, 2009
- India rejects OIC move to appoint Kashmir envoy - Oct 03, 2009
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- PM tells OIC to keep its hands off Kashmir - Oct 29, 2009
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- India rebuffs OIC comments on Kashmir - Aug 15, 2008
- Avoid civilian casualties in Libya: OIC - Mar 24, 2011
- India rejects OIC reference on Kashmir - Aug 17, 2012
- OIC condemns Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- India regrets OIC Kashmir issue comment - Jun 27, 2008
- UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims - Jul 14, 2012
- Saudi Islamic summit to discuss Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- International meet in Cairo to discuss Libya crisis - Apr 14, 2011
- Muslim states vow one billion dollar aid to flood-hit Pakistan - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: dismay, ekmeleddin ihsanoglu, external affairs ministry, extreme manifestation, foreign ministers, freedom struggle, india and pakistan, internal affairs, international organisation, kashmir, kashmir issue, locus standi, New Delhi, organisation of the islamic conference, pakistanis, peaceful resolution, resolutions, resumption, secretary general, spectre