India, China top choice of Canadian investorsJuly 13th, 2011 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, July 13 (IANS) India and China are now the top choice of Canadian investors, according to a survey by Franklin Templeton Investments Corp.
Canadian investors believe India and China are the best investment destinations in the coming decade, says the nationwide survey of the most robust of the G-8 economies.
According to the survey, 38 percent respondents think India and China represent the greatest investment opportunity over the next decade.
At 25 percent, Canada was the second-best choice destination for investors, followed by other developed markets such as the United Kingdom, Germany and Japan at six per cent.
Only three percent respondents rated as the US as their favourite investment destination.
Overall, Asia was the first-choice destination of 45 percent investors, with 29 percent picking up East Asia,
including China, and 16 per cent choosing South and South East Asia, including India.
“Franklin Templeton’s research indicates Canadian investors are keenly aware of the promise and prosperity of the emerging market economies,” according to Don Reed, president and CEO of Franklin Templeton Investments Corp.
“These fast-growing economies are expected to drive global stock market returns in the years to come,” he said in a company statement Tuesday.
Since Canadians have invested just $8 billion in emerging market equity funds, compared to more than $199 billion invested in Canadian equity funds by foreign investors, the Franklin Templeton Investments Corp CEO said, “Canadian investors need expert advice when it comes to investing in the emerging markets.”
(Gurmukh Singh can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- India, smaller Asian economies to lead growth - Feb 15, 2011
- India becoming magnet for Canadian companies, says survey - Jun 01, 2010
- Indian stock returns as good as China's: Bank of Montreal - Jul 16, 2011
- India, China leading dynamic Asia's growth: IMF - Apr 28, 2011
- Companies have no choice but to be in India: Ashwani Kumar - Jan 27, 2012
- India urged to issue global white paper on mining - Jul 31, 2011
- Chinese firms eye India for business - Feb 22, 2012
- Foreign investors eyeing India to avoid West's economic doldrums - Oct 14, 2010
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Foreign investment in US rose 49 percent in 2010 - Jun 21, 2011
- Farm-reliant Ethiopia is fertile for India Inc: Dy Prime Minister (Interview) - Dec 05, 2010
- Canada needs India, says Scotiabank's deputy Marwah - Jun 16, 2011
- `Canada must aim to attract top Asian students' - Aug 10, 2012
- Ask NRIs to increase remittances: Assocham - May 13, 2012
- Russia's policies frighten foreign investors: Ernst & Young - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: best choice, canadian equity funds, canadian investors, choice destination, don reed, emerging market economies, emerging markets, first choice, foreign investors, franklin templeton investments, global stock market, india china, investment destination, investment destinations, investment opportunity, market equity, respondents, south east asia, stock market returns, top choice