India, China to hold economic dialogue MondaySeptember 23rd, 2011 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 23 (IANS) India and China will hold the first round of a bilateral strategic economic dialogue here Monday, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
The dialogue will be co-chaired by Zhang Ping, director of National Development and Reform Commission, and Montek Singh Ahluwalia, deputy chairman of the Indian Planning Commission, foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
Representatives from both nations in charge of foreign affairs and macroeconomic planning will attend the dialogue.
Hong added that the dialogue will focus on macroeconomic outlook, communication and coordination on economic policy-making and other opportunities for pragmatic cooperation.
“I believe the China-India strategic economic dialogue would help boost economic cooperation between the two nations,” Xinhua reported quoting Hong as saying.
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao and his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh agreed to establish a regular bilateral strategic economic dialogue mechanism during Wen’s visit to India last December.
The dialogue was established to strengthen coordination on macroeconomic policy-making and jointly tackle challenges emerging in the economic development of both nations.
The first round of the dialogue has also been listed as an important event marking the China-India Exchange Year in 2011.
- India, China to hold maiden strategic economic dialogue - Sep 25, 2011
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- India, China set to hold first strategic economic dialogue - Sep 01, 2011
- Ahluwalia to lead India-China strategic economic dialogue - Sep 23, 2011
- India, China to deepen investment, open up markets - Sep 26, 2011
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Chinese daily foresees friendly India-China ties - Feb 21, 2012
- China pushes for enhanced cooperation with Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- India, Japan to hold economic dialogue, discuss n-deal (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- India, Japan to hold maiden economic dialogue Monday - Apr 29, 2012
- India, China set trade target of $100 bn by 2015 (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Stapled visa issue', still in for in-depth discussions - Dec 16, 2010
- Cooperate for border peace: China tells India - Feb 26, 2012
- China considering more joint military exercises with India - Jun 25, 2012
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
Tags: beijing, chinese prime minister, coordination, deputy chairman, economic cooperation, economic dialogue, economic policy, foreign affairs, foreign ministry spokesman, important event, india china, indian counterpart, macroeconomic outlook, macroeconomic policy, manmohan, manmohan singh, montek singh ahluwalia, planning commission, wen jiabao, xinhua