India, China ink six pacts, activate hotline between PMsDecember 16th, 2010 - 3:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) India and China Thursday signed six agreements in diverse areas ranging from media and cultural exchanges to green technologies and agreed to activate a hotline between their prime ministers.New Delhi and Beijing scaled up their bilateral target to $100 billion by 2015 and agreed to take steps to promote Indian exports to China with a view to reducing India’s trade deficit.
“There is enough space in the world for the development of both India and China and indeed enough areas for India and China to cooperate,” said a joint communique issued after the delegation level talks headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Premier Wen Jiabao. The talks lasted for more than an hour.
They welcomed the opening of the telephone hotline between the prime ministers and agreed on regular consultations between the two leaders on issues of importance to both countries.
- India, China set trade target of $100 bn by 2015 (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- India, China target $100 bn trade, set up CEO's Forum (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- China denied rivalry with India, drums up trade, $16 bn deals (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- India, China reject rivalry, seek strategic consensus (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Enough space for India, China to flourish: Manmohan, Wen(Lead) - Nov 18, 2011
- India, China target $100 bn trade, but no headway on stapled visa (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Wen Jiabao gets ceremonial welcome, says confident of expanding India-China ties - Dec 16, 2010
- 'India can soon export rice to China' - Jun 21, 2012
- India may soon export rice to China (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- India, China agree to continue cooperation on climate change - Dec 16, 2010
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- India, China set to hold first strategic economic dialogue - Sep 01, 2011
- Premier Wen rejects Chinese 'dragon' vs Indian 'elephant' theory (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- India, China agree to have regular exchange of visits at top level - Dec 16, 2010
- Building a trade wall to offset India-China differences (News Analysis) - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: beijing, china ink, consultations, cultural exchanges, delegation, india china, indian exports, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, pacts, pms, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prime ministers, target, trade deficit, wen jiabao