India can still spring surprise: coach KirstenDecember 13th, 2008 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 13 (IANS) Coach Gary Kirsten believes all is not lost for India in the first cricket Test against England and that his team is still capable of springing a surprise.Speaking to the media after the third day’s play here Saturday, Kirsten asserted the Indian team was capable of “doing anything and has players who can come up with really special stuff.”
England lead by 247 runs with seven wickets in hand.
Kirsten, however, said there is still a long way to go in the Test match, but declined to comment on what target India could hunt down.
“We have done everything that we set out to do in bowling, but England played good cricket. We didn’t bat as well as we could. We did not convert the good starts,” he said in reference to the partnership between Sachin Tendulkar and V.V.S. Laxman that was cut short when the pair looked on course for a big score.
Regarding the pitch, Kirsten observed: “If you land the ball in some areas, it will do something, but if you apply yourself, you can bat on this pitch.”
On whether India would shuffle its batting order in their second innings, Kirsten said there would be no changes in the line-up.
- India targeted Hauritz, Oz middle order for 2-0 series whitewash - Oct 15, 2010
- Getting big first innings score will be key: Laxman - Dec 23, 2011
- Pattinson taps England bowling coach to tackle India - Dec 23, 2011
- Zaheer's return to boost India's chances in Durban Test (Preview) - Dec 25, 2010
- Indians will have trouble on quick pitches: Taylor - Dec 22, 2011
- We have intimidated Indian batsmen, says Pattinson - Jan 03, 2012
- We can beat any side in the world, says Laxman - Jul 16, 2011
- India cannot ask for a greater occasion to stamp their authority (Comment) - Jul 20, 2011
- Time India stamped their supremacy in world cricket - Dec 15, 2010
- Why blame only Laxman, asks Gambhir - Jan 17, 2012
- India coach Fletcher rues lack of partnerships - Jan 03, 2012
- India's batting trio await their last hurrah in England - Jul 17, 2011
- We have proved ourselves: Dhoni - Aug 07, 2010
- Cricket fraternity hails 'Very Very Special' Laxman - Aug 18, 2012
- India 281/3 at stumps on day three of Third Test - Nov 24, 2011