India break quicker than anyone when going gets tough: HaddinJanuary 9th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Perth, Jan 9 (IANS) Australian wicket-keeper batsman feels India “break quicker than any other team in the world” when things are not going their way.
Haddin’s remark comes in the wake of his side’s convincing win over a fragile India in the first two Tests of the four-match series.
“We spoke about a bit of that when we were batting. The longer we could keep them out on the field the bigger chance we had of breaking them. We know this side can be as fragile as any team in the world if things aren’t going their way and they can turn on each other and the media turns on them pretty quick,” said Haddin of the side which had to field for long in Australia’s first innings score of 659 for four in the first innings at Sydney.
“We knew if we could keep them out there and put the numbers like we did on the board we knew we would get the rewards because they break quicker than anyone in the world,” Haddin was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
Australia have also not let Sachin Tendulkar score his 100th international despite the little master being in good form. Tendulkar has scored 226 runs at an average of 56.5 in the first two Tests, without the elusive century.
Haddin revealed how Australia have been successful in putting Tendulkar under pressure.
“What we have found is if we can build enough pressure on him he wants to score and he wants to feel bat on ball and he wants to get into a rhythm. We find if we can push him a little wider, make him feel for the ball a bit we can build enough pressure to get a chance and it has worked in the last two Tests,” said Haddin.
On Tendulkar’s much-awaited hundred, Haddin said: “There has been a lot of talk about his hundredth hundred but from our point of view it is our job to make sure he doesn’t get it in this series.”
The third Test begins here Friday.
- India have the edge, admits Haddin - Dec 27, 2011
- Stars favour Tendulkar scoring 100th ton at SCG: Hussey - Jan 01, 2012
- Tendulkar closing in on 100th international ton (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- We have intimidated Indian batsmen, says Pattinson - Jan 03, 2012
- India on verge of innings defeat at SCG (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- India coach Fletcher rues lack of partnerships - Jan 03, 2012
- Tendulkar is incomparable (Tribute) - Mar 16, 2012
- Pattinson rips through Indian top order (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Tendulkar will come back strongly at SCG: Ganguly - Dec 31, 2011
- India 114/2 in second innings at stumps - Jan 05, 2012
- India crushed at SCG by an innings and 68 (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2012
- Ponting wants to carry on even after India series - Dec 28, 2011
- Expected us to do better in Australia, says Dravid - Jan 05, 2012
- Clarke's triple century makes it tough for India (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2012
- Indian team motivated to win in Adelaide: Gambhir - Jan 22, 2012