India, Brazil to set up CEOs forumMarch 8th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) India and Brazil have agreed to set up a CEOs forum with a view to strengthen bilateral business and economic relations, an official statement said Tuesday.
Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and Brazil’s Minister of External Relations Antonio Patriota agreed to set up the forum during their meeting here Tuesday.
“Both sides agreed for setting up of a CEOs forum and identified the priority sectors viz., energy, oil, tourism, pharma, value-added manufacturing, mining and agro-processing,” the ministry of commerce and industry said in a statement.
The two ministers also set a target to increase bilateral trade to over $10 billion in a couple of years from $7.73 billion in 2010.
Sharma said there was a proposal to organise “India Show” in Brazil’s largest city Sao Paulo later this month.
“The proposed occasion will serve an ideal platform for a number of Indian and Latin American entrepreneurs and companies to explore and discuss business opportunities and tie-ups in trade and investment,” he said.
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- Spain seeks stronger trade ties with Brazil - May 18, 2012
- India, Mauritius agree to push for trade pact - Jul 06, 2012
- India seeks Mauritius investment in key sectors - Feb 07, 2012
- India, Italy agree to ease business visa norms - Feb 28, 2012
- India-Brazil joint commission meet Dec 11-13 - Dec 08, 2011
- BRICS targets $500 bn intra-group trade by 2015 - Mar 28, 2012
- India-BlackBerry deal possible, says Canada - Sep 25, 2010
- South Africa pitches for greater Indian investment - Apr 08, 2012
- Abu Dhabi sovereign fund keen to invest in India - Jan 16, 2012
- India, South Africa CEOs seek removal of trade barriers - Aug 29, 2011
- South Africa keen to have Indian investments - Aug 22, 2012
- India, Canada favour increasing annual trade upto 15 billion dollars - Sep 25, 2010
- India, South Africa business forum meets in Delhi Monday - Aug 28, 2011
- India-Sri Lanka CEOs Forum to hold first meet Saturday - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: american entrepreneurs, anand sharma, bilateral business, bilateral trade, brazil, business opportunities, ceos, economic relations, industry minister, latin american, ministry of commerce, New Delhi, patriota, pharma, priority sectors, proposal, sao paulo, target, tie ups, ups