India, Brazil sign air services agreementMarch 8th, 2011 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) India and Brazil Tuesday signed a bilateral air services agreement (ASA), intended to increase air-connectivity between the two countries, an official statement said.
“The new ASA has the potential to spur greater trade investment, tourism and strengthening the cultural exchange, besides bringing it in tune with the developments in the international civil aviation scenario,” the statement from the civil aviation ministry statement said.
According to the agreement, both India and Brazil would now be able to designate as many number of airlines to operate between both the countries.
“The designated airlines of each side are entitled to operate 21 services/week in each direction with any type of aircraft not exceeding the capacity of B-747 aircraft,” the statement said.
The new agreement supersedes the one signed earlier between the two countries Sep 12, 2006 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Currently, there are no direct air connectivity services between the two countries and the two respective national carriers too do not connect any cities in the two countries.
- India, Iran sign MoU on air services - Jul 09, 2010
- India, Iraq modify bilateral air service pact - Oct 19, 2010
- UAE signs air services accord with Uruguay - May 04, 2011
- UAE signs open air services pact with Romania - Jun 21, 2011
- UAE, Panama sign 'open sky' agreement - Nov 17, 2010
- Union Cabinet approves ASA with Nepal - Feb 11, 2010
- Government to set up aviation university: Vayalar Ravi - Oct 17, 2011
- Air India's new MRO coming up in Nagpur - Sep 04, 2012
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- Private Indian airlines allowed to expand overseas services - Feb 14, 2012
- Karina Airlines gets nod for regional flights - Nov 10, 2011
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
- Sri Lanka signs air service agreement with EU - Oct 28, 2011
- Cabinet nod for air service deal with Nepal - Feb 11, 2010
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: air services agreement, airlines, asa, civil aviation ministry, connectivity, cultural exchange, de janeiro brazil, India, international civil aviation, ministry statement, national carriers, New Delhi, rio de janeiro, rio de janeiro brazil, tourism, trade investment