India, Belarus target $500-mn trade by 2010February 3rd, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 3 (IANS) India and Belarus expect the bilateral trade to go up to $500 million by 2010 from $432.1 million in 2008, a top diplomat said here Tuesday. Belarussian Ambassador to India Oleg N. Laptenok said in 2008, exports from Belarus to India alone stood at $352 million.
Speaking at an interactive session organised by the Bharat Chamber of Commerce (BCC), Laptenok said the Eastern European country has been posting double-digit economic growth during the past six years.
“Our economy grew by 10 percent in 2008 and 2006. Growth rate was 11.7 percent in 2004,” the diplomact said.
Belarus has 25 percent of the natural resources worldwide, while housing only five percent of the global population, he said.
Laptenok identified pharmaceutical, warehousing, infrastructure, furniture, food processing, agricultural machinery, mining equipment, dumpers, road construction equipment, precision and measurement tools as the areas for increasing bilateral trade.
- Myanmar, India step up cooperation in health sector - Aug 03, 2011
- India sees greater trade with Ethiopia thanks to tariff pact (With Image) - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Construction equipment industry needs more skilled workforce' - Nov 26, 2011
- Need for early conclusion of investment promotion issue with Nigeria: Anand Sharma - Mar 16, 2011
- Chinese firm sets up joint venture with Indian partner - Aug 21, 2012
- India-EU trade and investment pact talks almost complete: Sharma - Jul 11, 2011
- India, Myanmar must conclude banking cooperation deal: CII - Nov 07, 2011
- Industrial output rises by 2.4 percent in May (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- India invites Austria to participate in infrastructure development - Feb 17, 2010
- India-China agree to have 5-year economic cooperation plan - Aug 27, 2012
- Indonesia keen to expand trade with India: envoy - Jun 17, 2012
- India deepens trade ties with Burkina Faso - Feb 10, 2011
- PM to focus on energy, economy during India-Russia summit (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- India, Mauritius agree to push for trade pact - Jul 06, 2012
- Slowdown hits electrical equipment industry - May 11, 2012