India beat Australia to win Test series 2-0, lift Border-Gavaskar TrophyNovember 10th, 2008 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Nov 10 (IANS) India defeated Australia by 172 run in the fourth and final Test of the current series to win the Border-Gavaskar Trophy here Monday. India win the series 2-0, having also won the second test at Mohali.Chasing 382 for victory, Australia were all out for 209 at the stroke of tea at the Vidarbha Cricket Association stadium.
Harbhajan Singh (4-64) and Amit Mishra (3-27) demolished Australia in the second innings. Matthew Hayden was the top-scorer with 77.
Final scores: India 441 and 295; Australia 355 and 209.
- Bowlers inspire India to a series win over Australia (Lead) - Nov 10, 2008
- Australia need 369 runs to win Nagpur Test - Nov 09, 2008
- India to chase 207 for win in Bangalore Test - Oct 13, 2010
- India win second T20 by eight wickets - Feb 03, 2012
- India ends Australia's dominance of world cricket (Round-up) - Nov 10, 2008
- Chavan lauds Tendulkar - Oct 13, 2010
- Congress in Goa will outperform Indian team Down Under: Shukla - Mar 01, 2012
- India set 382-run target for Australia - Nov 09, 2008
- Final scoreboard: India vs Australia, Fourth Test - Nov 10, 2008
- Sloppy fielding helps Australia get to 111/3 (Lunch Report) - Nov 10, 2008
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs. Australia, Fourth Test, Day Five - Nov 10, 2008
- Australia convincingly win MCG Test (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Lunch score: India need seven wickets to win Nagpur Test - Nov 10, 2008
- Aussies aim for team balance, may hand over spin-bowling to Katich, Clarke - Sep 25, 2010
- Cummins may also miss ODI series: NSW chief - Jan 09, 2012