India, Bahrain to ink labour pact in JuneApril 26th, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by admin
Kottayam (Kerala), April 26 (IANS) India and Bahrain will sign a labour agreement in June to facilitate labour mobility and manpower development, a ministry of overseas Indian affairs (MOIA) official said Saturday. The decision was taken after talks between Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi and visiting Bahrain Labour Minister Majid Al-Alawi at Kumarakom, a popular tourist destination in Kottayam district.
“A draft of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been initialled and the agreed minutes to this effect have also been cleared at the highest level. The MoU delves into labour mobility and manpower development,” said the official.
Further details would be announced later Saturday at Kochi where Ravi would address a press conference.
There are about 280,000 Indians working in Bahrain and nearly 80 percent of them are believed to be from Kerala.
India has signed similar labour agreements with the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait to safeguard the interests of Indians working in those countries.
- India signs labour deal with Bahrain - Jun 17, 2009
- India, UAE sign manpower agreement - Sep 13, 2011
- India, Bahrain to sign labour agreement in June(Lead) - Apr 26, 2008
- India-Bahrain labour pact soon: Vayalar Ravi - Apr 25, 2008
- Visit visas misused for illegal migration: Minister - Nov 29, 2010
- India, Bahrain to sign labour welfare pact after Ramadan - Aug 31, 2008
- India to work with UN for women migrants - Aug 27, 2010
- India, Denmark sign MoU on labour mobility - Sep 29, 2009
- India, Denmark to sign social security pact next month - Jul 12, 2009
- UAE signs civil aviation pact with Bahrain - Jan 23, 2012
- India, US sign MoU for cooperation on migration issues - Sep 16, 2010
- Deal signed for first Chinese investment in Kerala - Jun 14, 2012
- Demand for Indian domestic workers abroad: Ravi - May 02, 2012
- Making Europe a destination for Indian workers: Vayalar Ravi - Jun 27, 2010
- India, Bahrain sign tax, IT pacts - May 31, 2012