India assures Mozambique help on building rail infrastructureSeptember 29th, 2010 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) India Wednesday assured Mozambique of all possible help in developing its rail infrastructure, saying that the two countries should work jointly to strengthen their relations.
The Indian assurance was conveyed by Minister of State for Railways E. Ahamed to a visiting delegation led by Mozambican Minister of Transport and Communications Paulo Zucala.
An official statement by the railways ministry said the two ministers held delegation level talks, exploring the feasibility of widening the ambit of cooperation in the field of developing rail infrastructure.
During the talks, the Mozambican minister appreciated the speed and quality of various rail infrastructure projects being executed by Indian Railways’ firms RITES and IRCON in his country.
Zucala sought more cooperation from India saying that his government was keen on enhancing its rail traffic from the current levels.
To this Ahamed said: “Indian Railways will continue to provide all possible assistance in building transport infrastructure in Mozambique.”
The Mozambican minister also extended an invitation to Ahamed to visit his country’s capital Maputo.
- India, Mozambique to ink security accord - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Mozambique to jointly fight piracy - Jun 28, 2011
- Mozambican defence minister to visit India - Jun 24, 2011
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- Mozambique seeks Indian investment to develop tea industry - Sep 04, 2012
- S.M. Krishna arrives in Mozambique - Jul 04, 2010
- Mozambique selects students to study in India - Nov 16, 2011
- India to help Mozambique in coal, power sectors - Jul 06, 2010
- India seeks Japanese cooperation to run bullet trains - Jan 13, 2012
- Mozambique wants 'greater vigour' in relations with India - Jan 14, 2010
- Economic ties on agenda of visiting Mozambique president - Sep 29, 2010
- India, Mozambique sign three pacts to strengthen partnership - Sep 30, 2010
- India, Zimbabwe to deepen investment, trade ties - Sep 21, 2011
- Krishna heads to Mozambique, Mauritius Friday - Jul 01, 2010
- India, Mozambique discuss issues of bilateral, international interest - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: ambit, cooperation, delegation, feasibility, India, indian railways, infrastructure projects, invitation, ircon, maputo, minister of state, minister of transport, New Delhi, rail infrastructure, rail traffic, transport infrastructure