India assures Italy about release of hostagesMarch 19th, 2012 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) India Monday assured Italy that all efforts are being made for an early release of two Italians abducted in Odisha when Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi called his Indian counterpart S.M. Krishna.
“India assures Italy that all efforts are being made to secure release of Italians kidnapped in Odisha,” Syed Akbaruddin, spokesperson of the external affairs ministry, said in a tweet on the microblogging site.
The authorities in Odisha Monday intensified efforts for the release of two Italian nationals abducted by Maoist guerrillas. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said his government is examining a pamphlet in which the rebels have set out 13 demands.
State Home Secretary U.N. Behera said the government was taking all necessary steps for the safe release of Bosusco Paolo, 54, and Claudio Colangelo, 61, who were kidnapped March 14. The kidnapping came to light Saturday night.
- Abduction crisis: Maoists name interlocutors, extends deadline (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Maoists raise fresh demands, Italians untraced (Night Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Maoists abduct two Italians in Odisha (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2012
- Maoists abduct two Italians in Odisha (Intro Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- No news of Italians abducted by Maoists - Mar 19, 2012
- Abduction of Italians: Odisha examines Maoist pamphlet (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Maoists release one abducted Italian (Second Lead) - Mar 25, 2012
- Efforts intensified to secure release of Odisha hostages - Mar 26, 2012
- Odisha assembly appeals for Italians' release - Mar 22, 2012
- Maoists abduct two Italians in Odisha (Fourth Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Maoists release Italian hostage, MLA still held (Roundup) - Apr 12, 2012
- Maoists release Italian hostage, MLA still missing (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Maoists release one abducted Italian (Lead) - Mar 25, 2012
- Odisha to decide on rescuing hostages: Chidambaram - Mar 31, 2012
- Hostage crisis: Odisha to release 27 prisoners (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: abducted, behera, chief minister, claudio colangelo, external affairs ministry, foreign minister, home secretary, hostages new, indian counterpart, italian foreign, italian nationals, italians, krishna, maoist, maoist guerrillas, naveen patnaik, necessary steps, pamphlet, release of hostages, tweet