India announce squad for inaugural 3×3 World Youth BasketballAugust 26th, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26 (IANS) The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) Friday announced the Under-18 boys’ and girls’ squads for the inaugural FIBA 3×3 World Youth Championships being held in Rimini, Italy, Sep 9-11.
Thirty-six boys’ and 24 girls’ teams from around the world will take part in the competition.
The 3×3 format is the formalised version of three-on-three, half-court basketball. The format got its first major international test at the 2010 Youth Olympics in Singapore.
The fast-paced games are played on one half of the FIBA regulation court. Each team contingent will consist of four players, of whom three will be on court at any given time, and one coach.
The Indian girls will be led by Pete Gaudet, the American basketball coach who is also the head coach of India’s senior women’s team. The boys will be coached by Kulwinder Singh Gill from Madhya Pradesh.
Kirti Goswami (Madhya Pradesh)
Love Neet Singh (Punjab)
Ajay Pratap Singh (Chhattisgarh)
Sivabalan Gnanasekaran (Tamil Nadu)
Coach: Kulwinder Singh Gill
Jeena PS (Kerala)
Aishwarya Natarajan (Tamil Nadu)
Amrutha Bhuskute (Maharashtra)
Shireen Limaye (Maharashtra)
Coach: Pete Gaudet
- India readies for Asia U-18 basketball championship - Aug 16, 2012
- Not easy to adopt basketball in Youth Olympics: Rogge - Aug 24, 2010
- Indian U-18 team named for Asian women's basketball meet - Sep 21, 2012
- Indian basketball teams announced for Asian Beach Games - Jun 15, 2012
- Indian basketball's CEO Harish Sharma dead - Feb 11, 2012
- Former NBA star says 3-a-side game suits India - Sep 11, 2012
- Indian team leaves for World Junior TT - Dec 03, 2010
- Punjab boys pip MP in national basketball - May 23, 2012
- Delhi School Basketball League returns for second season - Jul 25, 2011
- FIBA to announce tie-ups with Indian basketball - Jun 29, 2008
- India lose to Iran in Asia Cup basketball - Sep 14, 2012
- Jayram to lead Indian basketball team - Jul 28, 2009
- US basketball professionals train Myanmar players - Aug 28, 2012
- Maharashtra dominate opening day of National sub-junior basketball - May 08, 2012
- Haryana, Karnataka post fine wins in National Basketball - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: american basketball, amrutha, basketball coach, basketball federation, coach pete, court basketball, girls teams, indian girls, international test, natarajan, paced games, pete gaudet, pratap singh, rimini italy, senior women, shireen, tamil nadu, world youth championships, youth basketball, youth olympics