India adds 10.66 mn telephone subscribers in DecemberJanuary 21st, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 21 (IANS) India’s telecom industry continued its robust growth in December by adding 10.66 million new subscribers, an official statement said here Wednesday.The country registered 2.84 percent growth last month, taking the total number of telephone connections to 384.79 million from 374.13 million in November 2008, said the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) statement.
“With this growth, the overall tele-density has reached 33.23 percent at the end of December 2008 as against 32.34 percent in November,” the TRAI said.
The total wireless subscribers base (GSM, CDMA and WLL(F)) stood at 346.89 million in December.
According to the regulator, a total of 10.81 million wireless subscribers were added in December as compared to 10.35 million a month before, registering a growth of 4.44 percent.
However, in the wireline segment, the subscriber base decreased to 37.9 million in December from 38.05 million in the previous month.
The total broadband subscribers base reached 5.45 million in December as against 5.28 million a month before, a growth of 3.21 percent.
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 865.7 mn - Oct 20, 2011
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- India's mobile subscribers at 771.18 million - Mar 04, 2011
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 840 mn - Jul 07, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 791.38 million - Apr 07, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- India adds 20.3 million telephone subscribers in March - Apr 26, 2010
- Number of new phone subscribers dips in November - Dec 29, 2008
- India adds 16.9 million telecom users in April: TRAI - May 28, 2010
- Telecom sector revenues cross Rs.40,000 crore - Jul 13, 2009