India accused terrorist elements, not Pakistan government: QureshiDecember 3rd, 2008 - 12:45 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 3 (IANS) India has not accused the Pakistan government of complicity in last week’s macabre terror attack in Mumbai but raised fingers against terrorist elements, Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said, Online news agency reported Wednesday.”India had never blamed government of Pakistan for Mumbai attacks. Rather its has pointed its finger to terrorists elements (in Pakistan)”, Qureshi was quoted as saying Tuesday.
He was addressing reporters after an all-party meeting convened by the government to take stock of the developments following the terror attacks in India’s financial capital Mumbai last Wednesday which killed at least 183 people and injured more than 300.
The resolution expressed “Pakistan’s desire to pursue its constructive engagement with India in a comprehensive manner with a view to building confidence and mutual trust for establishing friendly and good-neighbourly relations with India on the basis of settlement of all outstanding disputes”.
The leaders unanimously condemned those responsible for the terror attack, the resolution said.
The meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, was attended by leaders of major political parties.
Qureshi said Pakistan would extend India “full cooperation for any investigations”, adding that terrorist elements wanted to scuttle the peace process between the two countries.
- I will talk to Indian foreign minister on Mumbai attacks: Qureshi - Sep 10, 2009
- Constructive engagement vital for both India, Pakistan: Gilani - Apr 27, 2011
- Link talks to credible action by Pakistan: BJP - Jul 20, 2010
- BJP hits out at Qureshi, but disappointed with Krishna too (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- India-Pakistan war of words hots up (Evening Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Unsubstantiated charges against Pakistan, say political parties - Dec 03, 2008
- Mumbai blasts conspiracy to sabotage dialogue: Pakistani papers (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Pak National Assembly wants APC on 'sovereignty infringing' drone attacks in country - Dec 29, 2010
- US to Pakistan: Stop anti-India terror groups; Kashmir bilateral issue (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- Terror can't be ignored for friendly ties with Pakistan: Krishna - Jan 11, 2011
- India reminds Pakistan about anti-terror pledge - Jan 07, 2011
- Pakistan has to deal with terror monster it created: India - Jan 27, 2011
- Pak determined to highlight Kashmiris right to self-determination: Qureshi - Sep 17, 2010
- India-Pakistan talks did not fail: Rao - Aug 12, 2010
- Pakistan asked to act against elements linked to 26/11: Krishna - Aug 03, 2011