Income-Tax officials quiz Raja, Balwa (Lead)July 27th, 2011 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Income-Tax officials Wednesday interrogated former communications minister Andimuthu Raja and Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, currently in judicial custody for a 2G spectrum allocation case, an official said.
The I-T officials reached the Patiala House court premises here around 2 p.m. and questioned the DMK leader and Balwa for three hours. “Raja was grilled over his family income, while Balwa regarding 2G,” said the official.
The I-T department got permission from a Delhi court July 21 to interrogate six accused — Raja, Swan Telecom director Vinod Goenka, its promoter Shahid Usman Balwa and three Reliance Group officials — in judicial custody itself.
The department earlier moved three separate applications, seeking permission to interrogate the accused.
Their interrogation would continue till Friday, the official said,
- Income-Tax officials quiz Raja in court custody - Jul 27, 2011
- 2G case: CBI says Swan is a front company - Jul 21, 2011
- Kanimozhi gets two-day exemption from court appearance (Lead) - May 10, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- I-T department to quiz Raja - Jul 21, 2011
- Goenka seeks court permission to sign company documents - Jun 04, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI opposes Siddhartha Behura's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani exempted from appearance third time - May 12, 2011
- Raja, key accused in 2G spectrum case presented in court - Apr 13, 2011
- Bail hearing of five corporates in 2G case to resume Wednesday - May 02, 2011
- Cineyug director Morani seeks anticipatory bail - May 02, 2011
- CBI opposes Behura bail plea - Jul 06, 2011
- Raja to stay in Tihar for 14 more days - Mar 03, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar appear in CBI court (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Cineyug's Morani asked to approach trial court for bail - May 03, 2011
Tags: court premises, delhi court, dmk leader, income tax, interrogate, interrogation, judicial custody, New Delhi, patiala house court, promoter, quiz, reliance group, spectrum allocation, swan, tax officials, telecom, vinod