Income Tax accountant arrested for Rs. 3 mn graftMay 15th, 2008 - 12:42 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested a member of the Income Tax Appellate (ITA) Tribunal from Kolkata for accepting a bribe of Rs.3 million. Two businessmen who were offering the bribe also were arrested. The CBI late Tuesday caught Jugal Kishore, an accountant member of the ITA Tribunal, while accepting the bribe from S.K. Tulsyan, proprietor of Kolkata-based S.K. Tulsyan & Co.
Nishant Jain, an employee of Mayank Securities Pvt. Ltd., was arrested while handling the money.
“The accused official and the two private persons who were offering the bribe were arrested at the residence of the accused official at Nizam Palace, Kolkata,” a CBI statement said Wednesday.
The CBI has also arrested proprietor of Mayank Securities, Subhash Chand Barjatiya under the Prevention of Corruption Act. The investigating agency was on a lookout for Tulsyan’s son who is a co-proprietor of his company.
“The CBI has seized computers of all the accused,” a CBI official said.
- CBI arrests two officials for graft - Jun 02, 2011
- CBI to quiz MP, five firms' officials on coal blocks - Sep 05, 2012
- Court sends tainted Punjab cop to judicial custody - Jul 13, 2011
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- CBI cases, raids against five firms in coal blocks allocation (Fourth Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- CBI names Congress MP in coal block cases, raids 30 sites (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe - Jun 06, 2012
- CBI arrests two PNB officials accepting bribe - Jul 29, 2012
- Court frames charges against former narcotics bureau official - Nov 23, 2010
- CBI arrests senior Punjab cop over Rs.50,000 bribe - Jul 12, 2011
- Defence canteen scam: Four accused in CBI custody - Jul 01, 2012
- 25 kg gold seized from fake CBI officer - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi court accepts CBI plea in Bofors payoff case - Mar 04, 2011
- No change in CBI plan to withdraw Bofors case, court told - Jan 06, 2011