In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead)March 12th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 12 (IANS) The in-laws of a 30-year-old woman, who threw her two children from the 19th floor of a building here and then jumped herself, have been booked for harassment, torture and abetting suicide, police said Saturday.
“We have registered a complaint against the in-laws of the deceased under various sections pertaining to harassment and torture, and instigation to suicide,” Dindoshi Police Station Senior Inspector Vinayak Kakade told IANS.
After throwing down her six-year-old son Gaurav and three-year-old daughter Mahika, Nidhi P. Gupta jumped from the 19th floor of the 21-storied Sahyadri building in Malad suburb’s Govind Nagar Tuesday. The trio died on the spot.
She had left behind a suicide note in which she mentioned that nobody was responsible for her extreme step, Kakade said.
Nidhi lived along with her husband Pankaj, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law on the ninth floor of the same building.
The officer, however, declined to reveal how many members of the family were booked.
The entire family was at home when the incident occurred around 8.30 a.m.
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids - Mar 08, 2011
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Three commit suicide as daughter-in-law files case - Jul 20, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
Tags: brother, deceased, extreme step, gaurav, govind nagar, gupta, harassment, instigation, left behind, members of the family, mother in law, nidhi, old woman, police station, sister in law, suburb, suicide note, torture