Imran, Ranbir are my favourite actors: Bipasha BasuAugust 28th, 2008 - 8:57 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 28 (IANS) Bollywood’s dusky beauty Bipasha Basu says that her favourite actors right now are both newcomers - her “Bachna Ae Haseeno” co-star Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan of “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” fame.In fact, her new mobile phone ring tone is a song from “Jaane Tu…” and she can’t stop praising Imran.
“I love that song and I adore Imran Khan. I think he’s going to be a huge star. He and Ranbir are my current favourites. In fact, I told Ranbir how much I like Imran. No, he didn’t mind at all. Ranbir and I are friends after ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’,” Bipasha told IANS.
Talking about making friends in the industry, Bipasha admitted that during the shooting of hit movie “Race”, Katrina Kaif and she were just about cordial with each other.
“Some people you jell with. Others you just do your job with. Katrina is one of those cases. We were just professionals on the sets. But there was no rivalry or anything,” said Bipasha.
But she added that while they weren’t too friendly with each other they weren’t fighting either.
“We were both working for the same film, not at cross-purposes. We were both liked in ‘Race’. Though people would like to believe otherwise, there was no negativity or animosity between us. There was no dramatic tension on the sets. We’re both too sensible for that. There was just no scope for one-to-one interaction.”
Made by director duo Abbas-Mustan, the thriller also starred Akshaye Khanna, Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor and was declared the first big hit of the year.
Bipasha has an unfinished project with Abbas-Mustan - “Mr. Fraud”.
“I’d love to complete the film. Right now I’m going through a phase when I’m searching for roles. I’ve no idea what I want. But, yes, I’d like to do an author-backed zany fun-filled film. At the same time I love multi-starrers. They’re more fun on the sets.
“Lots of unfulfilled wishes before I give up acting. If I don’t like what’s being offered, I won’t sign anything. For now my last film is ‘Freeze’ with Neil Nitin Mukesh.”
Bipasha had to miss boyfriend John Abraham’s brother Allan’s wedding in Romania in May as she was shooting in Bangkok.
But she attended the wedding reception in Mumbai where everyone commented on her bonding with her sister-in-law Anka.
“She’s really sweet. John’s brother and Anka were seeing each other for three years. Beyond that I wouldn’t like to say anything about them. Let them lead their own lives.”
John’s ambitious film “Aashayein” is ready and though Bipasha loves the movie, she won’t be helping to promote it.
“Beyond buying a ticket I’m doing nothing to promote the film. That’s a very good way to pitch in,” she said.
- I had a broken life, but I've evolved now: Bipasha - Sep 11, 2012
- Sonam Replaces Katrina For The 'Job' - Aug 14, 2010
- Bipasha fine with multi-starrers - Dec 28, 2011
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Kainaz Motivala turns chauffeur for next film - Jun 21, 2012
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
- Bipasha gets bolder, gets navel pierced - Jul 04, 2011
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Ranbir, Rishi shake a leg at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- I'm not into script changing: Deepika Padukone (Film Snippets) - Nov 23, 2010
- Bollywood actors trace decade-long journey - Oct 05, 2011
- My comment on Ranbir, Katrina was said in good humour: Deepika - Nov 18, 2010
- Deepika Enjoys Imran's Foot Massage - Nov 15, 2010
- It was challenging to shift roles: Deepika Padukone - Oct 19, 2010
- Bipasha thanks Bobby, Akshay for career - Dec 26, 2011