Imran on what sets SRK, Aamir and Salman apart (Movie Snippets)September 2nd, 2011 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 2 (IANS) Actor Imran Khan, who entered Hindi filmdom just three years ago, says he loves the three big Khans of Bollywood - Salman, Aamir and Shah Rukh - for their different qualities that set them apart.
?What has always inspired me about Shah Rukh is the level of energy that he has. Whenever you see him, he is so energetic. That is very attractive to see. You don?t want to take your eyes off such a person,? Imran told IANS.
?With Aamir (who is his uncle) what I have always admired and have been jealous of is his ability to figure out what is the pulse of the audience. He can read a story, he can watch a film and he will know what will work. It is uncanny how he does that, how he knows it.”
?Salman?s charisma is beyond anything that any star has had before because with Salman, people ask no questions. They know it?s a Salman film and they will come, not even bothered about what the film is all about,? he added.
Imran is quite right — despite not-so-encouraging reviews, Salman’s just released “Bodyguard” has got an overwhelming response at the box office.
I don?t want to direct ever: Kalki Koechlin
Actress Kalki Koechlin has ventured into other fields of filmmaking - she has scripted her recently released film ?That Girl In Yellow Boots?, but has not plans to be a director.
?I never felt like directing and I don?t think I will ever do that. I think it?s too much of a responsibility… so many people to handle,” Kalki, who is married to filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, told IANS.
“I have a one-track mind. Whatever I?m doing at that time is all I focus on. But as a director you have to be very multi-tasking, you have to think of everything, so I think my thought system is different from that of a director,? she added.
Currently Dibaker Banerjee?s ?Shanghai? is keeping her busy.
I?m not an insecure person: Asin
Southern actress Asin Thottumkal, who has done just three Hindi films since her Bollywood debut in 2008, says she is not an insecure person and hence does not take up whatever comes her way.
?I?m not a very insecure person as an actress or personally. I?m really not bothered what the other person is doing. I?m just concentrating on my path. That?s my focus. I like working with teams that I would enjoy working with or projects that I would be excited to be a part of. So I take my time in selecting my films,? the 25-year-old told IANS.
Asin entered Bollywood with 2008 blockbuster ?Ghajini?, then she went on to do films like ?London Dreams? and ?Ready?.
Currently the actress is shooting for Sajid Khan?s ?Housefull 2?.
- I'm a big fan of Salman Khan: Ali Zafar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2011
- Aamir prepares, Salman is spontaneous: Asin - Jun 03, 2011
- Jimmy on weight loss spree (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2012
- Southern film industry can wait: Asin Thottumkal - Mar 20, 2012
- Potpouri of hits - Top 10 Bollywood movies (2011 in Retrospect) (To go with Bollywood went from gloom to glory) - Dec 15, 2011
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Imran Khan not in favour of remakes (Film Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- Rajaysh Tondon too heavy for Hrithik Roshan? (Film Snippets) - Aug 27, 2011
- Prabhu Deva to walk the ramp for Shabana's Mijwan - Sep 03, 2012
- I love Beti B in Aishwarya's arms the most: Abhishek (Movie Snippets) - Nov 25, 2011
- Mohit Suri hunting for girlfriend? (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2011
- Kalki brand ambassador of AOC TV - Aug 22, 2012
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Bollywood glitterati gives Winfrey warm welcome in Mumbai - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Rang Rasiya' release in November: Mehta (Movie Snippets) - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: aamir, actress asin, asin thottumkal, audience, bodyguard, box office, charisma, filmdom, filmmaking, hindi films, imran khan, insecure person, kashyap, khans, overwhelming response, shah rukh, shanghai, snippets, thought system, yellow boots