Impersonator booted out of Indian Military AcademyDecember 9th, 2008 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Dehradun, Dec 9 (IANS) A man who was shunted out of the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, after failing a physical fitness test impersonated his brother and succeeded in re-entering the academy - but his bluff was called and he was booted out once again, the police said.Sanjeev Yadav, now in police custody, was selected through a Services Selection Board (SSB) examination in 2005. During the rigorous training at the IMA, he failed in the second round of the swimming test and was sent back.
He, however, did not lose hope.
Sanjeev Yadav, the middle of Meerut-based Major (retd) S.R. Yadav’s three sons, again appeared before the SSB examination in April 2008 - this time as Deepak Yadav, his younger brother who is working in Pune, the police said.
Sanjeev Yadav apparently replaced his photograph with that of Deepak on the application form and also attached testimonials of his brother.
When a police officer reached his home for verification, he presented himself as Deepak and showed the testimonials of his brother. The police duly submitted their report in the name of Deepak.
He got selected again and began his training at the IMA in April with new batchmates who did not know about his past.
But a friend of his from an earlier batch spotted him and alerted authorities, leading to his arrest.
“Sanjeev Yadav has been arrested for the grave offence of cheating the Indian Army. We have booked him under sections 467, 468 and 420 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC),” Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar Sinha said here Tuesday.
Sanjeev was arrested on the complaint of IMA officer Capt. H.S. Singh, he added.
- Sachin Pilot to join Territorial Army - Sep 05, 2012
- Three held for attempt to rape - Feb 24, 2011
- Woman, three held for husband's killing - Feb 11, 2012
- Boy behind Delhi's 'burgle and burn' gang held - Feb 19, 2011
- Nepali children rescued from Ghaziabad councillor's house - Jun 19, 2010
- Man cheating people with aviation sector jobs arrested - Mar 10, 2011
- Ramdev's condition stable, say doctors - Jun 12, 2011
- Delhi Police aspirant goes missing - Jun 08, 2012
- Nigerian arrested for credit card fraud in Noida - Jun 10, 2010
- Two arrested with fake currency - Feb 04, 2011
- UPSC announces written exam result for Defence Services Exam - Jun 09, 2010
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Man held for attempt to murder - Jan 15, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh legislator arrested in fraud case - Mar 08, 2010