IMA presidential aspirant accuses doctor of threatsSeptember 26th, 2010 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 26 (IANS) A doctor contesting the Indian Medical Association (IMA) presidential elections has filed a criminal case against a Delhi-based doctor for sending defamatory and threatening messages to the voters, police said Sunday.
The Indirapuram police have registered a criminal case against radiologist Pankaj Singhal on the complaint of Vinay Agrawal, who alleged that Singhal, who is not a voter in the election, has sent SMSes and e-mails to the local members of IMA containing “defamatory, derogatory and threatening language”.
“The doctor (Agarwal) mentioned Singhal has texted most objectionable language to 2,500 voters of the IMA across the Delhi and in surrounding areas. On his complaint, we have registered a case under IT Act against Singhal,” Superintendent of Police (City) A.K. Vijaita said.
“Dr Pankaj Singhal is not the voter of IMA. He has surpassed all the ethical limits that is why I had to file a complaint against him. He might be planted by our rival group,” Agrawal told IANS from Ahmedabad over the phone.
- High court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Was warned to withdraw complaint against Kejriwal' - Apr 11, 2012
- Filter content or face blackout, court warns Facebook, Google (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Manhole death: Ghaziabad civic officials booked - May 09, 2012
- Court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Media houses restrained from publishing Singhvi CD - Apr 16, 2012
- Court accepts Yahoo plea, fines complainant (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Plea for CBI probe against Gujarat ATS officer - Dec 02, 2010
- Court offers relief to Gujarat police officer - Mar 22, 2011
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply - May 22, 2012
- Court quashes summons against Yahoo for lack of evidence (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Private doctors on warpath in uterus removal scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Police told to file report in Nirmal Baba case - Aug 10, 2012
- Suit on objectionable content motivated, says Yahoo India (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Court rejects plea against Microsoft, fines petitioner (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2012