I’m thrilled to be in Aamir maamu’s ‘Delhi Belly’: Imran KhanSeptember 7th, 2008 - 9:47 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 7 (IANS) Actor Imran Khan won many hearts with his debut film “Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na” that was produced by uncle Aamir Khan. Now he’s “thrilled” to be working in yet another film by uncle dear - “Delhi Belly”.”Yes, I’m finally doing ‘Delhi Belly’, and never mind if my maamu (uncle) is a bit of a slave-driver,” joked Imran. “But seriously… I’m actually thrilled to be doing ‘Delhi Belly’. Working with Aamir maamu is always great. And after ‘Jaane Tu …’ we’re doing something totally different this time,” Imran told IANS.
“Delhi Belly”, to be directed by ad-maker Abhinay Deo, is a sex comedy about a young foreign-returned youth’s adventures in the capital. Ranbir Kapoor of “Bachna Ae Haseeno” fame was finalised for the role, but date hassles cropped up.
Ironically, Imran says he was the first choice but had to opt out due to date problems.
“I had met the director of ‘Delhi Belly’ about six-seven months ago and he had even screen-tested me. But there were major date hassles. Since my dates were locked in for ‘Luck’ I requested the ‘Delhi Belly’ guys to adjust accordingly. But they were unable to do so. And since I had combination dates for ‘Luck’ with Mithun-da (Mithun Chakraborty)and Sanju baba (Sanjay Dutt), I had given up the idea of doing ‘Delhi Belly’,” Imran said.
“My ‘Luck’ dates were pre-poned and ‘Delhi Belly’ dates were shifted forward. So I’m finally doing the film. Kehte hain daane-daane pe likha hai khaane wale ka naam. The same goes for roles, I guess,” he remarked.
Imran became popular as the ‘chocolate boy’ in his debut film. Any regrets about not being in Abbas Tyrewala’s next film?
“No regrets at all. After ‘Jaane Tu…’, Abbas is a dear friend. If he needs me for a film he’ll call me. I’m now working with other directors. He’s working with other actors. We aren’t in a space where we need to sit and cry because we aren’t working together.
“There’s so much stuff happening to me I’ve no time to brood over what I’m not doing. Fortunately I’ve people in my life like my mom and my girlfriend to keep me grounded.”
But taking a break is important, even for a newcomer.
“After I finish ‘Luck’ and start my uncle’s ‘Delhi Belly’, I plan to take a break,” Imran said.
- Aamir doesn't have time to babysit me: Imran (Film Snippets) - Jul 06, 2010
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' was Imran's after four screen tests - Jun 24, 2011
- Perfection runs in the family: Imran Khan - Jul 19, 2009
- After 10 years, Farah Khan teams up with Aamir again - Jan 13, 2011
- Imran Khan not in favour of remakes (Film Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- High heels in 'Delhi Belly', a nightmare for Vir Das - Jun 19, 2011
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- "How can I charge Aamir after all he has done for me?"- Imran Khan - Jul 12, 2009
- Love stories good, but I want to experiment: Imran Khan (Interview) - Dec 06, 2010
- Imran Khan spends 27th birthday at work - Jan 13, 2010
- Cinema no more wholesome family entertainer: Imran Khan (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- Vir Das shoots music video for 'Delhi Belly' - Mar 03, 2011
- With stardom, the service at restaurants is great: Imran Khan (Interview) - Jul 13, 2009
- Even for biggest of stars, every film counts: Imran Khan (Interview) - Aug 16, 2011